U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 PM

5,969 posts, read 11,140,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Well sir your a lucky person then. Let me correct myself they are not hated by EVERYONE. The majority of outdoor people I know do feel this way. I know ALLOT of hunters and outdoor folks.
I don't play an outdoorswoman on tv but I am one in real life. Luck has nothing to do with it. Considering a lot of the people the wardens encounter are armed, I think their obvious caution and reserved nature when first meeting people is warranted. A good attitude and not doing things I shouldn't be doing keeps me on good terms with the wardens. I hunt turkey, bear, deer, snowshoe hare, partridge and coyote. I canoe, kayak, camp, hike, fish open and hard water, wild harvest, am a HOFNOD instructor and outdoors skills instructor, and more. There are opportunities for them to be hateful to me if they want to be, and it never happens. I don't know anyone who has problems with them unless they deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 PM

3,015 posts, read 4,874,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I don't play an outdoorswoman on tv but I am one in real life. Luck has nothing to do with it. Considering a lot of the people the wardens encounter are armed, I think their obvious caution and reserved nature when first meeting people is warranted. A good attitude and not doing things I shouldn't be doing keeps me on good terms with the wardens. I hunt turkey, bear, deer, snowshoe hare, partridge and coyote. I canoe, kayak, camp, hike, fish open and hard water, wild harvest, am a HOFNOD instructor and outdoors skills instructor, and more. There are opportunities for them to be hateful to me if they want to be, and it never happens. I don't know anyone who has problems with them unless they deserve it.
Impressive indeed (if I weren't already impressed).

Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,140,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Impressive indeed (if I weren't already impressed).
Thanks. A lot of people spend a lot of time outdoors without ever having problems with the wardens.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 AM

29,738 posts, read 47,532,009 times
The only time I have had interaction with a Game Warden was when a warden had caught a man fir-tipping on my land. I had given him and his family verbal permission but had not signed the proper form that the warden wanted to see him have. No big deal, the warden had the forms in his truck, I signed it and everyone was happy

To me it seems that he was trying to protect me as land-owner.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 AM

17,170 posts, read 22,199,672 times
Quote:
Thanks. A lot of people spend a lot of time outdoors without ever having problems with the wardens.
good point

Ive been well over 30 years in the woods, and fishing, and have to say, with all the run-ins with wardens ive had, they were professional.... i got angry at one, but it was ultimately, my fault.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 PM

533 posts, read 587,588 times
I hope you all never have to deal with the ones I have then.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:23 PM

662 posts, read 993,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
A license to do what?

There is no requirement to have any license to own a firearm; nor to shoot a firearm.

In Maine you would be required to have a permit to hide [conceal] a loaded firearm on your person. But a permit is not required so long as you are not hiding a firearm.
In Vermont the only license you need is a drivers license

Old 11-25-2012, 05:23 AM

3,015 posts, read 4,874,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
I hope you all never have to deal with the ones I have then.
I've not met the Warden down this way but the only bad thing I've heard of him is it takes him time to get to the island during deer season when someone wants him. From what I know he's a good guy from a good family. You can't be everywhere and our society has an "instant gratification" outlook. I know his brother's; all good, with big law enforcement background

Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 AM

35 posts, read 54,967 times
Quote:

i am very impressed!!!!! good job

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM

3,097 posts, read 5,430,239 times
Quote:

You're fun to be around too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or