U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:04 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,406,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
I live in Kennebunk, and this seems to have become a bigger story everywhere but here. My son called from the Pittsburgh area and it's front page news over there.
Must be a slow news day, nothing else to talk about besides the electioneering.
It's made the international press, as well. I've seen articles about it in two British papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,612,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am not so sure about jumping on to any bandwagon saying that this lady is a victim.
IF she is a prostitute, she hardly appears to living the life of those hanging out on city corners trying to earn enough for their next heroin hit. And girls, don't get too smug, there could be some lady johnettes amongst her clients, or in her video collection (whichever this turns out to be). I wonder what they are telling their husbands?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:27 PM

474 posts, read 822,233 times
Been on the nightly news a number of times, and I don't mean the local news. So if people in Kennebunk don't know about it, they don't watch the national news. It's been on the morning shows as well as the evening shows.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:01 PM

990 posts, read 1,473,883 times
Quote:
Been on the nightly news a number of times, and I don't mean the local news. So if people in Kennebunk don't know about it, they don't watch the national news. It's been on the morning shows as well as the evening shows.
There's been stories about it, sure, but it just doesn't seem to be something people are getting into a big flap about, except for some parents who were concerned because their kids would see it in the paper when looking for articles for school.
Now that the case has come to trial there are finally several stories in our local paper.
Seacoast Online - York County Coast Star.
I think I recall reading something a couple weeks ago about her working previously as a model in Portland before starting the zumba class next to the pizza place. Being a hooker sure would pay better than teaching a zumba class I bet. She's not really good looking enough to be a success as a model.
Word's out that there are quite a few lawyers and doctors on her client list. When the news broke quite a few folks said they felt that there had been something fishy going on at the site for some time.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM

990 posts, read 1,473,883 times
It just occurred to me. If this had happened in a place like Bugtussle Georgia, or Numnuts Oklahoma, it probably wouldn't have made any kind of a splash in the media at all.
It's all so small potatoes.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 PM

38,428 posts, read 18,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am not so sure about jumping on to any bandwagon saying that this lady is a victim.

When I made my comments I wasnt thinking of this particular lady.....she may or not be a victim...who knows....I was thinking more of street prostitutes and their johns.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM

29,730 posts, read 47,517,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
We do not get TV however we have still heard plenty about this via the WWW.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 PM

38,428 posts, read 18,188,727 times
Default It's Hardly News....but....

Just saw coverage on CNN.....it does seem a bit much. I think the town of Kennebunk and its association with the Bush compound on Kennebunkport...fuels the interest. But then Payton Place about a small NH town ....became a sensation.....sex sells....books and newspapers and cable news apparently.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 AM

17,165 posts, read 22,189,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When I made my comments I wasnt thinking of this particular lady.....she may or not be a victim...who knows....I was thinking more of street prostitutes and their johns.
maybe thats why this story is hyped...I dont believe ive ever knowingly seen a prostitute in maine...

Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 AM

3,637 posts, read 5,264,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Ah, this may seem trivial to you, but the "woman" hasn't been convicted yet. Therefore, the existence of "johns" has not been established yet. I know all the keyhole peepers can't wait to read all these people's names in the paper, but how about letting the legal process work instead of letting your fetishes get the best of you. Cool off and buy a People magazine.

BTW, none of this is directed at this particular poster, but those screaming to see the names.
That's exactly right - she has been "accused" just like the johns she purportedly provided services for.

Everyone who is arrested and plastered all over the local paper (with the only exception being juveniles) is "accused" and not "convicted." I find it highly ironic that the superintendent of the school district asked the teachers to be diligent about watching for bullying of the johns' kids when the list came out. Does this happen for anyone else accused of a crime? I think not.

The difference in this case is that the "accused" johns run the possibility of being "fine upstanding citizens - pillars of their community...fine family men/women..." blah, blah, blah. You know, the ones who more than likely spend every Sunday in church expounding the lack of moral turpitude in today's society by tsk tsking such 'moral decay' as gay marriage, and criticizing single mothers, drug addict welfare drainers, etc., etc.

I agree that we should let the legal process work before we get too much into a lather, but I do believe that eventually that list should be published - regardless of who's on it.

Last edited by cebdark; 10-14-2012 at 06:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or