U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:32 PM

1,808 posts, read 2,899,248 times

Advertisements

Saw it out here in CA too. Can't remember where as I flip a lot. I'm usually starved for anything Maine in the news and this is what I get? Yet it doesn't surprise me as guys are guys everywhere. If I was a potential female prostitute entrepreneur from away, I might look at this as an opportunity. I'd be on craigslist right now looking for retail space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM

5,232 posts, read 13,600,433 times
I don't understand why prostitution anywhere is news these days. It's not like there's an area of our country that there aren't any, whether high price or street corner type. It is what it is. Big deal. Don't understand why some things get so much press I guess. *shrug*

Old 10-14-2012, 04:17 PM

3,637 posts, read 5,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
I don't understand why prostitution anywhere is news these days. It's not like there's an area of our country that there aren't any, whether high price or street corner type. It is what it is. Big deal. Don't understand why some things get so much press I guess. *shrug*

Yup. I guess it's because it continues to "sell"

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry (Studio Version) - YouTube

Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 PM

461 posts, read 455,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
We have previously lived in areas where hookers were on the streets, plainly visible. Arrests [and I assume convictions] were common place. Such that it was not 'news'.

Here it seems that a prostitution arrest happens once every year or two. Suddenly it is played as a big 'crime wave'. But we are seeing a single female doing this every couple years. To me that speaks of how low the crime really is here.

Assuming a population of 1.5 Million people and only 1 female decides to be a pro each year. In my version of reality that is a super low crime rate.

The media is in a frenzy, largely because they have so little else to report.

It is like our local newspaper in it's Police Log, when the biggest crime of the past week was someone called to complain about a drunk walking on the sidewalk. That is not an indication of a wave of sidewalk walking drunks. It is an indication of no real crime happening.

So you have one drunk and one prostitute?

Last edited by 7th generation; 10-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: removed off topic content

Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 PM

29,766 posts, read 47,651,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
So you have one drunk and one prostitute?

Do you have a drug problem there? It is terrible here in the midwest.
More drunks than prostitutes [from what I can tell].

One prostitute every few years, and a few drunks each year

Last edited by 7th generation; 10-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned content

Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 AM

3,442 posts, read 5,447,694 times
The have released 21 of the names of men involved in the Kennebunk Zumba case. The problem being that they posted just the "names" without ages or locations. There is one name on that list of 21 that is held by 17 men in Maine. More confusion?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 AM
JC3

296 posts, read 709,601 times
Actually I don't care if someone wants to ruin a marriage or their family by being stupid. That is their choice and their problem. I don't even care about prostitution, although illegal, it isn't the biggest issue of today. I am concerned if welfare was being obtained illegally and if so, the person should be punished severly for that. As for the names being issued, I could care less to find out if someone down the street was cheating on his wife. Or to now condemn them or the prostitute. This reminds me of the best gossip we have had in awhile and for it to be such an item nationwide just shows where our priorities lie. We are on the verge of drowning economically, people are screaming for jobs, our political discourse is at an all time low, our country has been made to be as divided as during the Civil War, an embassy was attacked and we are being lied to as to why, we are slowly giving up our history and traditions and yet a prostitute and who her tricks are has become the most important issue of the times. Sorry folks, I have other priorities.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM

5,706 posts, read 7,912,061 times
Maine is famous for lobster. Will it now be famous for crabs? Anxious wives await the answer to that question.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 PM

38,469 posts, read 18,239,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
The have released 21 of the names of men involved in the Kennebunk Zumba case. The problem being that they posted just the "names" without ages or locations. There is one name on that list of 21 that is held by 17 men in Maine. More confusion?
I clicked on a couple of names and google led me to the info on them....one you couldnt tell if it was the Sr or the Jr but they were the only people with that name and they lived in Biddeford. Another was the only person with that name and they lived in Portland. Not to hard to figure out the identity.......but so what....if you are not married to them ..... it really doesnt make a difference....except as a deterent to future crimes. It might have some utility in that case.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:36 PM

990 posts, read 1,478,370 times
One of them lives around the corner from me. I've only met him once or twice, I know his wife better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or