Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 AM

6 posts, read 24,379 times

Advertisements

This is my second post i have done on here my first one had been a question about a good place for just out of college students to start out. Well here is the reasoning for this new post my friend and I decided that we are going to open a Steak House in the future and I was just wondering what kind of competition their is around the state. And if a Steak house would have any success. We are going to be moving somewhere in the Southwestern part of the sate. Any comment good or bad would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,035,263 times
yum.....you let me know where and when and I'll be there!! beyond that I can't help except to say 1) location is everything 2) I suspect it would do really well if the food is good!

Good luck!!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,330,116 times
There are lots of restaurants in Portland...chinese, steakhouse, pizza places, ect. You would certainly have competition.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,550,074 times
Location, location, location. Locate a place on a well travelled road, preferably near an intersection. Locate in an area with above average incomes. Locate in an area where there is no established steak house within 15 miles. If you can be near a lake, all the better. Do these things and you will be on your way.

Maine has numerous microbreweries. Connect with one or two of them. Promote Maine grown foods and you'll have a very successful combination.

You can do much of your research from the top of this very site at city-data.com.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 AM

19 posts, read 47,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5k8e5 View Post
This is my second post i have done on here my first one had been a question about a good place for just out of college students to start out. Well here is the reasoning for this new post my friend and I decided that we are going to open a Steak House in the future and I was just wondering what kind of competition their is around the state. And if a Steak house would have any success. We are going to be moving somewhere in the Southwestern part of the sate. Any comment good or bad would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck guys, I used to be in the business, Johnson & Wales graduate in 88 since left the business for other things but still enjoy cooking. When I finally make it up there if you need help let me know.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:28 PM

50 posts, read 205,788 times
Well if you end up anywhere near Bangor and your food is good you can count on seeing this guy up there quite often!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: