Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
JC3

296 posts, read 824,294 times

Advertisements

Many years ago I came home to a ransacked house in Mass. and I understand your feeling, it makes one sick. I had a camp up here broken in my first year but thankfully there was little of value to take. Now that I am a resident in Maine, the police in my town strongly recommended a couple of things. Security cameras being one. I had a system put in plus I have a few trail cameras selectively located. A decent security camera setup can run a few dollars though. A good trail camera (of good quality and a good area of motion sensing) is well worth it. A couple of those at key locations will capture anything even at night. They show the date and time too. If a mouse goes by, I know it.

PS: One other thing they suggested...a good gun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 05:23 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
Many years ago, when the first methadone clinic was applying to open in Bangor, many said that Bangor would become a magnet for drug addicts... and it has. I know a man that has had his house stripped of copper THREE times. Every street corner, that has any traffic at all, has a beggar standing at it holding a sign. Some parts of the city are riddled with crime. The Bangor Daily news has crime reports almost every day that are drug related. People were promised it wouldn't happen, but I guess some people just don't understand how politicians and their promises are equally credible.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:52 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
"If you build it they will come."

Where have I heard that before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine