Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:53 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
I have to chime in on this one. I have tow camps one I rent and one I use in the summer mostly. I have owned it for many many years. That said a couple years ago I had a couple flatlanders buy a lot near mine not next to as when the guy who owned this land sold it I bought 5 lots to ensure I woudl NOT have anyone close to me. Well I put my genny about 120 yards into the woods so I would not hear it. Well the folks form mass who bought the lot one over from the one my genny is on built there camp in the spring and I was busy that spring and did not get up till the middle of summer. Got in about 4 in the afternoon and fired up the genny and me and two friends got the guns out and started shooting cause that is what I do at camp. Well they fearing for there lives thinking a tank and a army of armed hillbillies was about to ruin there life called the police who in turn called the wardens. About 8 pm 2 cruisers showed up then a while later one warden. They came over to my camp and asked what we was doing and I told em we where just up to camp for a few days. He asked why we where shooting I said cause that is what we do here. He asked what was running in the woods I pointed at the porch light. Well I also knew the other le and this guy was ok the other guy came back from the flatlander camp sayign they said we where driving trucks in their woods ( the genny noise ) and that we where shooting at them however the le's could see the 120 yards of range we had cut about 20 yards wide facing back form my camp not towards the flatlander camp. Well the le chatted the warden showed up and he went and chatted with the flatlanders as well. Then they came back and told me I was going to have to get my genny off there land. I laughed at the guy and said I did not sell that land. he gave me a odd look so I went in the camp got eh map and handed it to him and said the areas with the red boundary are MY LAND he looked and said o! I said you can go look at the stakes if you want. The warden did the le did not. HE then went to chat with the flatlanders again and came back and then asked if I would mind moving the genny. I replied hell no it has been there for more then 10 years and that is where it is staying. The flatlanders where not happy the warden made a couple threats that carried no weight. I have got many letters form the flatlanders and a few more visits form the wardens. Unorganized township no noise ordnance gennys required for power are exempt anyway as long as they have a muffler. In any case i now always bring the 50 and shoot all night on a regular basis just because they annoyed me.

Deliverance, Part Deux.

But no, we don't need gun legislation for those that are unable to legislate themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM

625 posts, read 791,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Deliverance, Part Deux.

But no, we don't need gun legislation for those that are unable to legislate themselves.

Deliverance really? I did not see any reference to man rape in this posting?

As for gun control the fact that I have owned my land for many years and bought the extra lots to ensure privacy and the ability to shoot safely even if the outlying lots where to occupied at some point. I at no point said anything about shooting a person or property in fact I stated clearly "the le's could see the 120 yards of range we had cut about 20 yards wide facing back form my camp not towards the flatlander camp" so where is the need for gun control. The fact is the majority of MY firearms are suppressed ( yes they are legal ) not for others but for myself.

Maine shooting suppressed USP Tactical - YouTube See how quiet...

Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFury59 View Post
Have all the neighbors chip in and buy him a Honda. I "hear" those generators are super quiet.
This is true. I had a honda generator and you could barely hear it from the basement to the main floor.
OP Have you ever invited the guy over to your place. Maybe he doesn't realize how loud the generator noise is that carries to your area. He may not be trying to be malicious, just meeting his own needs for electricity. Worth a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine