Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times

Advertisements

I have had US Cellular for many years and have excellent coverage. I travel all over Maine not only in cities, highways but rural areas. Considering that Maine is a very rural area, you wont have to go far to get reception if you loose it. Friends of mine have other carriers, Cingular, Verizon, Unicel and dont have nearly the coverage that I do. Service has been excellent when needed, US Cellular also has much cheaper plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,655,631 times
I'm happy with Tmobile and everywhere I travel in Maine. In my opinion, tmobile has the best plan. I only buy pre-paid. Why pay for minutes you dont use? Waste of money. And I only use it if I really need to make a call (directions, last minute groceries, find someone, etc).

1000 minutes for $100 and its good for 365 days (works out to $10 month 83 min/month)

Good nuff for me.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:53 AM

411 posts, read 898,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC View Post
Hey everyone,
I am curious as to the cell phone service in Bangor. Currently, we have Cingular (well AT&T now) and I am wondering if anyone up in the Bangor area can give me information on the quality of service. We were thinking we would probably need to switch to Verizon which isn't a problem, we just need to know.
So, who can sound off about the cell phone service and providers in Bangor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The cell phone companies all say they have coverage, but their idea of coverage and the users' are totally different.
Thanks again!
~Steph
Little late posting Steph, but thought I may have info for you. We moved here to Maine 4 years ago from CT. In CT we were on a family plan w/ my mom, my dad, my brother, and my uncle. All w/Cingular/AT&T. We kept our plan active because mostly the people we call were in our family plan, so it was free. Also we had the rollover minutes, and plenty of anytime minutes. Only cost us each $20 a month. I find that even though we have a CT number it is more convienent to have the Cingular service. I get service where no one else seems to as well, even standing a few hundred yards from a cell tower sometimes, they won't have service w/ a US Cellular or Unicel plan, and I do. I say keep your old phone account, just switch the number. The only reason we didn't is because everyone else on the plan was still in CT. Now that's changing, so this spring we'll get a ME number, when my parents move here. Uncle has a new account of his own, and brother is in Boston, won't matter what his number is.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Forgot to add: we are in Argyle/Old Town area. Just north of Bangor. We mostly travel in this area, and the Bangor/Brewer areas, although I work in Kenduskeag, and travel to Corinth and Bradford as well. Get service in ALL those areas, even Corinth where everyone tells me their phones don't work.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:21 PM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
Forgot to add: we are in Argyle/Old Town area. Just north of Bangor. We mostly travel in this area, and the Bangor/Brewer areas, although I work in Kenduskeag, and travel to Corinth and Bradford as well. Get service in ALL those areas, even Corinth where everyone tells me their phones don't work.
You live in Argyle?

I hear that is a wonderful area, what is it like there?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
You live in Argyle?

I hear that is a wonderful area, what is it like there?
Well, if it weren't for the bearded nutcase about a mile and a half up the road on the opposite side, with all the creatures it would be real nice and quiet.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:29 AM

175 posts, read 420,295 times
Does anybody use Nextel in Maine?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddinAroundFarm View Post
Well, if it weren't for the bearded nutcase about a mile and a half up the road on the opposite side, with all the creatures it would be real nice and quiet.
I've just snorted coffee all over on that one!! You mean the "Randy Goat" ?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I've just snorted coffee all over on that one!! You mean the "Randy Goat" ?
Yes, that must be it, it was the goat I was referring to Forest, really! And I'm sure that that goat must use a cell phone... (gotta stay on topic)

Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 AM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Down buck, down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine