Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times

Advertisements

A GREAT REMINDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I did some work for a local food pantry today. There is little money and many desperate people. As we all wonder about what to get for Christmas gifts, and what to make for Thanksgiving, we should also try to remember those in need. If you can, donate a few bucks to your local pantry. It helps tham to stock more for people and helps with the gas for those that do all the running to pick things up. Another nice idea is to ask if they have families in need of warm clothing and donate any old winter coats in good shape.
GREAT THREAD MSINA!

THANKS FOR STARTING THISAND THANKS TO ALL OF THE

WONDERFUL POSTS HERE! MAY GOD BLESS YOU MSINA!

THANK YOU!

Take good care!

Have a BLESSED week!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-29-2008 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) PEACE & BLESSINGS TO ALL!:0) HAPPY HALLOWEEN!:0) PEACE!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,404 times
I am sure, given the kind and generous nature of our cd forum members, that we can all make an effort and find something to donate in our pantries to the less fortunate.

Doesn't have to be a check, just a few cans of beans, boxes of cereal, extra shampoo or soap bars go a long way to helping those in need.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
I have a friend and neighbor who is making do with next to nothing, would never consider accepting anything when she feels she is so blessed - has a roof over her house and heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer and always has plenty of food to share with anyone that happens along. Her pantry is right next to her bathroom. I've grown accustomed to learning the things she keeps in her pantry and prefer to add to it when I almost regularly need to use her bathroom when visiting.

I have done this for others, as well; a can of tuna here, a box of elbow macaroni there, place a candy bar or two in the fridge... She and her mother both like candy. I'm not rich by any means, but when I can't spare a can of tuna or package of elbow macaroni or jar of Parmesan cheese with someone who is in need, it'll be time to nail the coffin shut on me.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:22 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I have a friend and neighbor who is making do with next to nothing, would never consider accepting anything when she feels she is so blessed - has a roof over her house and heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer and always has plenty of food to share with anyone that happens along. Her pantry is right next to her bathroom. I've grown accustomed to learning the things she keeps in her pantry and prefer to add to it when I almost regularly need to use her bathroom when visiting.

I have done this for others, as well; a can of tuna here, a box of elbow macaroni there, place a candy bar or two in the fridge... She and her mother both like candy. I'm not rich by any means, but when I can't spare a can of tuna or package of elbow macaroni or jar of Parmesan cheese with someone who is in need, it'll be time to nail the coffin shut on me.
Great post AliceT I have to spread some around, though as soon as I can I will give you some rep points!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,204 times
Quote:

Very nice Tried to rep you but of course I have to spread it around first.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Alice you sweet woman you! I have to spread it around but IOU one.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
Nah, none of ya owes me anything. Just an idea that came to me and am sure I'm not the only one performing random acts of kindness. It's contagious.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking GREAT THREAD MSINA!:0) Nice post ALICE!:0) THANK YOU!

Quote:

GREAT THREAD!THANK YOU MSINA!

BEAUTIFUL POST ALICE!

THANK YOU FOR CARING!

Have a GREAT weekend MAINE ANGELS!

WHAT A GREAT SPIRIT TO HAVE ALL YEAR LONG!

Take care!

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 11-06-2008 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY!:0) PEACE & BLESSINGS!:0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine