Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 PM

722 posts, read 1,504,867 times

Advertisements

Hey all I'm hopin for is a sub to Down East Magazine and maybe that Maine food magazine and the lobster cookbook that is going to help the lobstermen

Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,183,377 times
i want a new norelco razor.the one i have now has gone from the lift and cut to the yank and pull.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i want a new norelco razor.the one i have now has gone from the lift and cut to the yank and pull.
Borrow forest's razor, he ain't using it!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,490,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
LOL.. thanks for the chuckle!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,321,667 times
Quote:
hehe...
I suppose he's saving a bundle.
I cut my hair and I know the "light bill" went down because I'm shutting off the blow drier sooner.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
hehe...
I cut my hair and I know the "light bill" went down because I'm shutting off the blow drier sooner.
Money spent on being beautiful is money well spent! IMHO

Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 PM

37,245 posts, read 60,976,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
Oh man and the ingrown hairs that get infected, and drain, ouch.

I have always had to shave twice a day, during my Active Duty career [when stationed places that required us to be clean shaven].

I never found an electric razor that would not give me ingrown hairs.

I did well using a straight razor, but only at duty stations where I could get away with only shaving once a day.

Scraping my face with a razor twice a day, my skin never healed.

At my last duty station I finally got into the routine of using a straight razor at the beginning of each shift then an electric 10 hours later, and just trying to ignore the puss discharge dripping down my neck.

I was fortunate that during most of my career, I was on subs and I was not required to shave. My face is much more comfortable with hair.

How long do you find that your Norelcos last for you?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry to say, I really can not loan it out to anyone.

I think that I dropped it somewhere. Most likely during shipping in our move from Italy coming back stateside. The blade has a crack in it.

I should probably throw it away, but I used it since I was a teen. And I have no motivation to replace it at this time.

I keep thinking that I will find another use for it.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
hehe...
Norelcos are expensive. Each time that I bought an electric razor to try, I was shocked at how expensive they were, and how quickly they began yanking.

For the most part, most of my shaving history has been using a regular razor, strop, brush and mug. Buy the razor once and it should last your lifetime. I have gone through brushes, maybe once every five years. Soap is cheap and lasts a long time.

Amortized out over the years, I think that a guy can shave spending about $3 a year using a regular razor. [if you avoid the electric razors and use only that one razor]

Old 12-03-2008, 04:57 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,183,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Oh man and the ingrown hairs that get infected, and drain, ouch.

I have always had to shave twice a day, during my Active Duty career [when stationed places that required us to be clean shaven].

I never found an electric razor that would not give me ingrown hairs.

I did well using a straight razor, but only at duty stations where I could get away with only shaving once a day.

Scraping my face with a razor twice a day, my skin never healed.

At my last duty station I finally got into the routine of using a straight razor at the beginning of each shift then an electric 10 hours later, and just trying to ignore the puss discharge dripping down my neck.

I was fortunate that during most of my career, I was on subs and I was not required to shave. My face is much more comfortable with hair.

How long do you find that your Norelcos last for you?
the razor its self will last a life time i think but the blades about 6 months those things arnt cheep 1/2 the price of the whole unit.i dont have a big problem with ingrown hairs but i do have a problem with the **** and pull.nothin pi!@# me off more than getting my wiskers pulled.i cant use a bic or that typ .one shave and i gota throw it away.DW bought me a norelco this afternoon.she said it was an early x-mas present.she didnt like hearing me bi@#$ every morning i gess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine