Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,784 times

Advertisements

What do you guys use for Cell Service in Aroostook County. Right now i have US Cellular and its decent, I am not happy with US Cellular in other areas, and would love to switch companies. How does Verizon and ATT work in those areas? Lincoln, Houlton, Presque Isle, Fort Kent, Van Buren are places i travel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 07:58 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Switched from US Cellular to Verizon recently and it doesn't seem to be as good as USC.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:55 AM

346 posts, read 786,303 times
I had Sprint and it stunk. Switched to verizon and it's ok, except the smart phones die quick. Sometimes if the wind is strong, I'll lose service. I'm thinking a local cell tower has a cable/connector issue.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,200,853 times
The prevalent point of view, while I lived up there was that U.S. Cellular was the best. I found that they were good when I was in the border area and I was bouncing off Canadian towers. They would take the roaming charges off very quickly and easily.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 PM

321 posts, read 486,877 times
US Cellular does have the best coverage. Their coverage may be spottier than what you would find in an urban area, but that's just how it is in isolated areas.

Verizon is also a good choice. They have a lot of native coverage, but not as much as USCC. Verizon roams on USCC where there is not native Verizon coverage. This works OK for voice, but sucks if you are trying to use data. I lived with Verizon in the county for years and was pretty satisfied.

And that's it. There are no other substantial native networks. USCC maintains a GSM network that is used strictly for roaming (att, tmobile), but you would never want to use it every day because the data is quite slow.

USCC and Verizon are the only two reasonable choices, and they are both relatively decent. In the larger communities you won't notice a difference, but when you get to the more rural areas or if you are in the valley, USCC is better. If you want a good selection of recently released phones, however...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine