Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,557,799 times

Advertisements

I posted a new thread about Maine's special night elsewhere. Maybe I should have posted it in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/maine...ast-night.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:50 PM

874 posts, read 1,847,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecruiser View Post
It was actually last week...not today but....it was a crystal clear day and I flew back "home" into Portland, ME. It was so absolutely beautiful looking over casco bay, the lighthouses, the coast, the water, the mountains to the north. I actually got choked up. I knew I was "home". We've only owned our house there 5 weeks!
Oooh me too last week. I had my best day ever in Baltimore but flying in late Thursday night was awesome. I could make out Peaks Island then the observatory and the cathedral. It was wonderful to know we were home.

BTW: the best day was my daughters annual heart check up at Hopkins. She had heart surgery at six days old and we knew there was a 15% chance of further surgery later on. what we did not know was that by age 4 they would be able to tell whether she was in that 15%. She's not, so other than the normal follow up just to be sure she is all clear! Can't have a better day than that.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:11 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,326,179 times
Wonderful news gen!!! May you have your best holliday season yet

Old 12-09-2007, 02:49 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,362,900 times
Wow, Gen! That's the best news of the day!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:59 PM

612 posts, read 1,210,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Oooh me too last week. I had my best day ever in Baltimore but flying in late Thursday night was awesome. I could make out Peaks Island then the observatory and the cathedral. It was wonderful to know we were home.

BTW: the best day was my daughters annual heart check up at Hopkins. She had heart surgery at six days old and we knew there was a 15% chance of further surgery later on. what we did not know was that by age 4 they would be able to tell whether she was in that 15%. She's not, so other than the normal follow up just to be sure she is all clear! Can't have a better day than that.
Awesome news Gen., I pray that your daughter's health continues to be blessed and filled with grace.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:38 PM

Today I saw my husband staring with a far away look(like in a trance)for about a minute and then he smiled. I asked him what he was thinking about and he said about the house, the view, living in Maine and the sense of "knowing" that it is the right choice for us. The other pictures are posted on another thread...The way Life Should Be.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Christmas in Maine

Maine Farmhouse Journal Entry, The Magic of Christmas in Maine, December 25, 2004

I read this story about Christmas in Maine and wanted to share.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,362,900 times
What happened today that calls me home to Maine and to dear friends.......I just got a package in the mail from a friend from Maine. It was a Christmas stocking with a precious note that said, "Here is a Maine-made stocking to help get you decorating for the way life should be. Enjoy!"

Yes, of course it made me cry!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:48 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,625,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post

That is wonderful news... I had heart surgery at age 25 (a long time ago!) to correct a ventricular septal defect... I was a "blue baby" but my wise pediatrician knew my equally wise RN mom could help me thrive until the surgery was perfected. I was told that when I was born it was in its infancy, as well, and that docs would likely recommend me for it on account of the severity of my "murmurr". He told my mom "wait until she is 25..." and pretty much on my 25th birthday I saw a cardiologst, who kept looking at my hands (after taking a peek in the flouriscope) and asking "Are you SURE you never turn blue??" I did not.. but my heart was VERY big (think pro linebacker heart in 5' skinny chick!). Got it fixed and had problems with TOO MUCH O2 in my blood until I moved to Mile High Colorado...

Things are fine now... my endurance remains phenomenal... but I am sure that without my mom riding my case for 25 years, things would have been quite different.

Only cautions I need to take, they have said, is antibiotics before dentistry... I can do anything I want or need. May it be the same for your young'un!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:05 PM

874 posts, read 1,847,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
That is wonderful news... I had heart surgery at age 25 (a long time ago!) to correct a ventricular septal defect... I was a "blue baby" but my wise pediatrician knew my equally wise RN mom could help me thrive until the surgery was perfected. I was told that when I was born it was in its infancy, as well, and that docs would likely recommend me for it on account of the severity of my "murmurr". He told my mom "wait until she is 25..." and pretty much on my 25th birthday I saw a cardiologst, who kept looking at my hands (after taking a peek in the flouriscope) and asking "Are you SURE you never turn blue??" I did not.. but my heart was VERY big (think pro linebacker heart in 5' skinny chick!). Got it fixed and had problems with TOO MUCH O2 in my blood until I moved to Mile High Colorado...

Things are fine now... my endurance remains phenomenal... but I am sure that without my mom riding my case for 25 years, things would have been quite different.

Only cautions I need to take, they have said, is antibiotics before dentistry... I can do anything I want or need. May it be the same for your young'un!

I am so glad she was born after they worked all that stuff out. Heres was, as the docs so nicely put it... "a condition incompatible with life". Yikes! Here she is post surgery (the orange tape says "open Sternum")

And here is a more recent pic with her big sis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine