U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 AM

382 posts, read 772,320 times

Advertisements

If I could afford it, I would buy that building. It seems like a reasonable price, if it's structurally sound and doesn't need a new roof, plumbing, wiring, etc. I like Moughie's idea for a store. I tried to rep you Moughie, but CD wants me to spread the love first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:27 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,477,772 times
I lust for that building so bad! The apartment upstairs is absolutely gorgeous. It is a loft apartment, with big open windows and a view.....wow of the bay and Canada and downtown. The 1st floor has been remodeled, as well as the apartment. Also, the basement has windows, and could be opened as a pub as it is a dry basement. It would be located right on the walk. That building cries for someone to buy it, either keep it rented to the gallery, or open their own business and live upstairs. The back of the building can support a deck at the apartment level (I already asked). Oh well, I can always dream. The price, a steal, and he will NOT sell to brokers! I talked to the owners representative.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 AM

34,063 posts, read 11,244,198 times
Default Beautiful Dreamer, List Unto Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
This amazing building, home to the former unique Shag Gallery, is now being offered for the reduced price of $185,000.

How about we all chip in and buy it and run a farmers market/arts and crafts coop?? We could offer forest wife's soap, star's arts and crafts, mainewriters columns, photos and books in progress), real estate listings from NMLM, whofanme and maine brokerman, elcarim's optimism and enthusiasm, volumes of elston's favorite poets, msina's good cheer and best recipes, mollys unbounded energy, mrvp and 7th generation's beautiful photos, acadianlion's words of wisdom, bewitched's potions and healthy doses of cynicism, jokes and sarcasm from everyone else.....(If I have omitted anyone, please do not be insulted.... You are all so special and contribute in oh so many various ways)
The building and the setting look to be incredible and it is a beautiful dream, that you dream Moughie!

It isn't my Maine home sweet home...but it is good for the soul to know that that sort of option exists; that it is out there. I can imagine times in my life when that would have been a perfect spot to heal and to find myself.

That isn't the part of myself that needs "feeding" just now, but I am reminded..."the world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we all should be as happy as kings!" RLS

Last edited by elston; 02-14-2008 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM

406 posts, read 1,165,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post

Excuse me while I curl up on the floor in the fetal position...
Move over I'm joining you...OMG that's the creepiest thing!

Stunning footage though...I loved it!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM

2,990 posts, read 3,406,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
I lust for that building so bad! The apartment upstairs is absolutely gorgeous. It is a loft apartment, with big open windows and a view.....wow of the bay and Canada and downtown. The 1st floor has been remodeled, as well as the apartment. Also, the basement has windows, and could be opened as a pub as it is a dry basement. It would be located right on the walk. That building cries for someone to buy it, either keep it rented to the gallery, or open their own business and live upstairs. The back of the building can support a deck at the apartment level (I already asked). Oh well, I can always dream. The price, a steal, and he will NOT sell to brokers! I talked to the owners representative.
If the price was a little lower, a little sooner, I would have given some consideration to buying it and opening a combination homebrew center/brewpub (assuming that licensing requirements were not particularly onerous).

Old 02-15-2008, 06:17 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,478,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It's not my intention to spam the forum, I have nothing to do with selling this building, but I came across this video on youtube and it's more about Eastport than the building he is trying to sell.

YouTube - Eastport, Maine waterfront for sale

I looked to see if that was still for sale and I couldn't find it. I also sent the gentleman an email and got no response? Does any know of this property is STILL on the market.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:24 AM

7,392 posts, read 8,440,309 times
fly I thought it was....I'll see what I can find out

Old 02-15-2008, 07:58 AM

382 posts, read 772,320 times
Oh my gosh. A pub in the basement? If this building were a man, I'd call it dreamy.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,477,772 times
That building is dreamy!!!!! I always wanted a pub and in the basement of a building on the water in a small fishing town.....that is just too good to be real. The pub is just a suggestion, you would of course have to see if zoning permitted it, We talked to the Gallery people and they told us about the basement and how nice it could be.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:32 AM

4,104 posts, read 4,188,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
This amazing building, home to the former unique Shag Gallery, is now being offered for the reduced price of $185,000.

How about we all chip in and buy it and run a farmers market/arts and crafts coop?? We could offer forest wife's soap, star's arts and crafts, mainewriters columns, photos and books in progress), real estate listings from NMLM, whofanme and maine brokerman, elcarim's optimism and enthusiasm, volumes of elston's favorite poets, msina's good cheer and best recipes, mollys unbounded energy, mrvp and 7th generation's beautiful photos, acadianlion's words of wisdom, bewitched's potions and healthy doses of cynicism, jokes and sarcasm from everyone else.....(If I have omitted anyone, please do not be insulted.... You are all so special and contribute in oh so many various ways)
You did...*cries in her coffee* woxy and I want to help too!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine