Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,538 times

Advertisements

Just found the listing on:

Our Listings

I'm going to hold my breath until woxy buys it for me. ( this may be an unproductive way to do it especially given that he is still asleep, but I'm a desperate woman!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 07:55 AM

380 posts, read 1,178,524 times
The seller must be pretty firm on that list price, otherwise I would think it would have sold already or the price would have been reduced. It has been on the market a while. I'd be borrow and steal to buy it if I could get it for $140,000. Although, I think my dogs really need a yard.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
The seller must be pretty firm on that list price, otherwise I would think it would have sold already or the price would have been reduced. It has been on the market a while. I'd be borrow and steal to buy it if I could get it for $140,000. Although, I think my dogs really need a yard.
A yard's overrated.. maybe they can run the breakwater and back with my dachsund. Be neat if we can teach them to do that!!! Plus those rooms are large enough, maybe we could do an indoor play yard for the 4 legged family members!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM

Dramamama, my big boy Dodge would miss a yard. He would have a blast with your dachshund, though. He loves other dogs. I could see him running laps in that big Eastport apt, but he slides around on the hardwoods like a cartoon character. My little 30 pound girl Molly could care less about a yard - her favorite place is curled up at my feet. Man, somebody from this forum needs to buy this building!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:16 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,083 times
Quote:
Man, somebody from this forum needs to buy this building!
Wouldn't that be nice!

What would they do with it though, esp if they do not live in Maine? Would a local rent the building for a store/bar/shop or would a local be interested in renting the apt do you think? I do not see anyone renting any of the three floors currently. Does not make sense for an out of stater, even with the best of intentions to preserve the building and love the city, to buy it and have it continue sitting empty. Seems to me the best solution would be an in-stater or someone moving in state to buy it, live in it and develop a business plan.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 PM

I agree Moughie, the owner would need to live locally (or at least within a couple of hours drive) to be there for maintenance issues.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:22 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,490,642 times
This building is not for someone who wants to remain away. This building is for someone who wants to put their heart and soul into it and make it happen. I saw the building, and it is worth every penny they are asking. It has been reduced about 15K since I saw it. I don't think the owner is in a particular hurry to sell it, therefore I don't think the price will be reduced much more. This building is for someone who wants to open a year round business in Eastport, and provide a service for the people who live there. Like I said earlier, Eastport is in desperate need of a clothing and accessory store. There are many people who just don't want to drive to Calais or Machias to buy clothes. This would be a year round business, and not seasonal, and not particularly skewed toward tourism. The pub idea is just a dream in my head. I know it would be great during the season, but the locals would check it out in the off season. Oh well, if I were a broker, I would be pitching this building to anyone who has a pulse. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person. It would not be for the faint of heart, but for someone from away who wants to become a "Mainer."
My DW thinks I am crazy over this building, and I would have to agree with her. Dreams are the stuff that real life is made of.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:29 PM

474 posts, read 1,417,253 times
I need some computer help from my Mainer friends and wantabe Mainers! Why can't I view videos? They start and go for about 2 seconds, then wait around 30 seconds, then shows another 2 seconds and on and on! I tried to view this video, but after 45 minutes of stop and start I just gave up.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Dramamama, my big boy Dodge would miss a yard. He would have a blast with your dachshund, though. He loves other dogs. I could see him running laps in that big Eastport apt, but he slides around on the hardwoods like a cartoon character. My little 30 pound girl Molly could care less about a yard - her favorite place is curled up at my feet. Man, somebody from this forum needs to buy this building!
I agree. I keep saving to be able to get the kid's college socked away while she is taking care of her first year, the rest, of course, will go to the Eastport house.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
This building is not for someone who wants to remain away. This building is for someone who wants to put their heart and soul into it and make it happen. I saw the building, and it is worth every penny they are asking. It has been reduced about 15K since I saw it. I don't think the owner is in a particular hurry to sell it, therefore I don't think the price will be reduced much more. This building is for someone who wants to open a year round business in Eastport, and provide a service for the people who live there. Like I said earlier, Eastport is in desperate need of a clothing and accessory store. There are many people who just don't want to drive to Calais or Machias to buy clothes. This would be a year round business, and not seasonal, and not particularly skewed toward tourism. The pub idea is just a dream in my head. I know it would be great during the season, but the locals would check it out in the off season. Oh well, if I were a broker, I would be pitching this building to anyone who has a pulse. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person. It would not be for the faint of heart, but for someone from away who wants to become a "Mainer."
My DW thinks I am crazy over this building, and I would have to agree with her. Dreams are the stuff that real life is made of.
I agree wholeheartedly, just wish my timing didn't stink as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine