Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
I have a 20 year old college student to shop for still!! I want to give her money since hauling stuff back to Oregon on a plane will be a pain. I have been racking my brain on what to get her....money for sure but stuff to open would be nice. Any ideas???
Clothes and fast food gift cards come to mind.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/christmas/images/7a.gif (broken link)
Greetings from one who watches and reads every day, but is silent...Blessings to all..

Old 12-13-2007, 09:24 AM

175 posts, read 420,295 times
Wishing you all much peace and happiness this holiday season. Merry Christmas to you and your families.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
blue that is beautiful! thank you!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I just unpacked our "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book and "Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Clause" story

Old 12-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,813 times
Thumbs up HELLO SoCal2Maine!

Thank you for your message & nice wishes as well!

I hope that you are able to move from So.California to Maine soon!
Good luck to you! Best of wishes!

CHEERS!
Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2Maine View Post
Countrylv22,

Thank you for the Holiday Cheer...I feel it way out here in So. Calif. and I wish you much Joy and Peace as well!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:40 PM

37,463 posts, read 61,388,499 times
A Merry time to All

Old 12-13-2007, 03:27 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,538 times
Greetings, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

And a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make
America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes forher/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

In short, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
ROTFLMBO http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif (broken link)

Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 PM

837 posts, read 1,710,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
Greetings, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your
choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

And a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make
America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes forher/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and
warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

In short, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
heh! heh! What are you smokin" dude?

Old 12-13-2007, 06:48 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
TO ALL OF THE AMAZING MAINE FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD!

As well as all of the surrounding areas in New England that might read this,

to all of the people that have not moved yet, but participate in this great

forum!

I wish you all a very HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!

HAPPY HANNUKAH! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Many BLESSINGS to you all!

Thank you for always making this board so interesting! Thank you for the

really beautiful pictures that you are always posting!

Thank you for the YUMMY recipes that you all share!

Thank you for that supportive & lending ear you always share with everyone

that comes here! You make all of us want to move there! With your kindness

and friendly disposition!

May your homes & hearts be full of Love, Joy throughout the Holiday Season!

And may 2008 be everything you are expecting it to be!

Thank you for everything!

To the MODS on this board, thank you also for all of the work that you do!

HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY HOLIDAY!

CHEERS EVERYONE!

COUNTRYLV22
Thank You Countrylv22,

For including me in your warm greeting. I grew up in a neighborhood where there was Christmas but no obvious Hannukah. Little kid, didn't know or give it another thought, but enjoyed several nearby Jewish families as friends. Forward... My ex, her parents were German Jew and Polish Catholic. Her Mom had the concentration camp number tatoo on her arm - she had survived. I never knew them, they passed before my time. But our Christmas holidays always had the extra special "Nosh" table. Friends dropping in all day, "eat a little bit here, eat a little bit there" We were very "popular" among all the friends.

Now trying to return to church after several decades, I had found a book by Thomas Cahill in a used book store "Gifts of the Jews" I had recognized his name from an earlier book. I read this book as well as his "Desire of the Everlasting Hills" They were quite "awakening" I had not ever read religion as a subject of such scholarship before. To me it had always been "Jesus and the Twelve - Jesus and his Merry Men" comicbook like, like I had learned in the 60's.

I used to think that Judaism was something way over there, and that Christianity was something way different way over here. But during reading these two books I found how we are all so very close part of the same stream.

I have a menorah of tea lights candles as well as my colorfull outdoor Christmas lights. And love the traditions that are celebrated in this house.

Very Best Regards,

To All !

qw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine