Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 AM

497 posts, read 1,566,933 times

Advertisements

No more snow and a pool I can use more than 2 months out of the year! Plus fishing and free paddle boats!!

Apartment details Castilian Lake Club Apartments Largo, FL

ENJOY YOUR OWN VACATION LIFESTYLE! Every apartment at Castilian overlooks your 9 acre natural fishing lake. Only 1 mile from the Gulf beaches, Castilian is conveniently located in a quiet residential Oakhurst/Seminole neighborhood.

1BR/1BA go for $650-$685 a month. A lot cheaper than anything you will find in Maine with those kinds of features...

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-03-2008 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
Hurry, Petertherock before they are all gone.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:35 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,670 times
Careful what you wish for. I live in one of those complexes that sounds JUST like that. Believe me, you will get LOTS of extras that you didn't count on and are not too nice. But....now that I think about it you would probably fit right in.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
While your relaxing with your neighbors on the fully lighted dock, try please try to stifle the urge to start complaining about the mosquitoes, the humidity, the mold, water rats, the poor maintanence and the criminality of the surrounding community or overflowing trash containers or food missing from the fridge in the club house or washers that don't work in the laundry room or vandalized golf carts or a host of other problems you may encounter that they don't advertise.

And IMHO, any place that has to promote its venetian blinds and its billing policy and a picnic table and a paddle wheel boat is really having to stretch.

But seriously, I hope you get there and that it is everything you ever dreamed of, everything you wanted or thought you wanted. Good Luck and Godspeed!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times
Anybody living in the south should warn you that a "complete utility package for $69 a month" cannot possibly include electricity cost. There has to be a catch with that. And if it's anything like here, apartments are where the worst element lives, the lower income people, and most of the drug dealers.

I noticed a very different apartment situation in Maine. I would actually live in one there - here - never!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
Guess Forrest knows where to buy the one ticket to. Why you are relaxing on your deck, who will be working to earn the money to pay for this little pad?
I can rent a 4 bed, 3 bath house outside of Chattanooga, TN for $600 a month. Can do the same in Maine if you look.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 AM

175 posts, read 420,295 times
If Florida is where you want to be Pete, then Florida you should come too. I personally have lived here all my life and frankly am quite sick of it.
You will find, it is not all grand & glorious here. You may fall in love and be completely happy here for the rest of your days. You may dread the cold, but I am telling you from experience, the heat is terrible too. The humidity here is unbearable sometimes, the bugs, and being that close to the water, be prepared to have an abundance of no-see-ums.
Plus, you are coming from a place that has a small population, compared to here, which has way too many people in it for my liking. The traffic is horrific, people everywhere, especially during "Season". You can forget going out anywhere without waiting a few hours just to get a meal. And let me tell you, a bunch of no-driving people. I don't honestly know where some of these people get their drivers license. It must be License R Us. Cause they sure can't drive.
So I hope you get to live out your dream here, just as I will be doing mine there. No place is perfect and home is where you make it. Best of luck to ya!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,867 times
I visited Florida for three months way back in 1972. Absolutely hated it then, and can only imagine how awful it must be now. I wouldn't go back there for anything. I can take heat but not humidity that leaves you soaked to the skin in about 3 seconds. And the land is too darn flat for my liking.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:45 AM

175 posts, read 420,295 times
Only two seasons here, hot and hotter. We actually did have a cold snap today. It was in the 30's in some places. But it will be gone today.
Oh yeah, and BTW, the utilites is only $69.00????? Something is way wrong with that picture. Unless there is no a/c and you are living by kerosene lamps. And believe me, you WILL want to have a/c, you can't hardly survive without it here.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpurvis View Post
Only two seasons here, hot and hotter. We actually did have a cold snap today. It was in the 30's in some places. But it will be gone today.
Oh yeah, and BTW, the utilites is only $69.00????? Something is way wrong with that picture. Unless there is no a/c and you are living by kerosene lamps. And believe me, you WILL want to have a/c, you can't hardly survive without it here.
LOL! That's what I said about the utilities. The "utility package" must not include the actual usage. There's just no way. That would barely cover water and cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine