U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,426,587 times

Advertisements

Thanks El & CC, it's actually more spacious inside than it looks in the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 04:06 PM

1,815 posts, read 4,267,470 times
Very impressive, it looks like a fantastic property once you bring it back. It's still marked as Pending in MLS, and 15 price reductions! I've never seen that many on a home, that is amazing.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoFanMe View Post
Very impressive, it looks like a fantastic property once you bring it back. It's still marked as Pending in MLS, and 15 price reductions! I've never seen that many on a home, that is amazing.
It doesn't really need much to "bring it back" other than a proper sump pit underneath, correct the water damage and put proper support along the centerline, and get the hot water and well pressure tanks off the clay.

The rest is minor- leaky bathroom faucet (upstairs), first floor toilet needs new innards, kitchen faucet leaks...and quit working, just a trickle. The sprayer works fine, The faucet worked right during the inspection, I suspect that when the inspector had all of the hot water taps open he stirred up sediment in the tank and the faucet got gummed up. I'll have to flush the tank before I replace the faucet.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 PM

9,485 posts, read 14,286,680 times
Before you replace the faucet, take the filter screen and aerator off the end. Just replace it with a new one for about $2 at the hardware store. Might do the trick. Hey, the sprayer has good flow. I bet it's the aerator.

Flushing the hot water heater is a good idea too, but make sure the power is off so you don't burn out the coils if it's electric.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:27 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,163,781 times
Congrats zymer on your new lovely home!
Love all the acreage with it.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Before you replace the faucet, take the filter screen and aerator off the end. Just replace it with a new one for about $2 at the hardware store. Might do the trick. Hey, the sprayer has good flow. I bet it's the aerator.

Flushing the hot water heater is a good idea too, but make sure the power is off so you don't burn out the coils if it's electric.
LOL, the aerator is already missing, so unless it is affecting it remotely I'm going to have to think that it's fairly low on the list of possibilities.

I've talked to a lot of people who don't know that the water heater should be flushed every six months...they usually don't know about replacing the anode either.

I had an electric water heater element burn out because the sediment was covering it.

I'm going to replace the faucet, it looks pretty bad and is leaking too.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Congrats zymer on your new lovely home!
Love all the acreage with it.
Thanks Moughie. It is quite nice...and to go with all that acreage, my buyer's agent wants to give me a purebred German Shepard puppy. I'm having a hard time thinking of a way to say no...I like dogs, particularly Shepards, I just wasn't planning on one just yet...on the other hand, if I'm going to get one it needs to be a puppy when I introduce it to the cats. What to do, what to do...

Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,811,809 times
Take the puppy,.. no question about it.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM

454 posts, read 780,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
What to do, what to do...
1. Go to store, purchase food, bowls, toys and bed.

2. Get puppy.

3. Apologize to cats, offer gifts and tidings.

4. Enjoy.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 AM

380 posts, read 1,040,044 times
Ex-Smurf (got it!), Congrats on closing! It's a great house - very warm and cozy-looking.

Oh - and take the puppy! I have had two german shepherd mixed breeds, and they are/were excellent dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine