U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 AM

39,212 posts, read 18,757,346 times

Advertisements

.....and oh yes we have lists, my DP prints them out, notes price reductions, commute time to the nearest tennis club, compares tax rates and pro-rates them out over the next 10 years; he is the one to prioritize, catorgorize, homogenize and pasturize everything, I look at the kitchen and imagine hosting an open house and greeting guests at the door and ushering them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 11:35 AM

73 posts, read 133,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
.....and oh yes we have lists, my DP prints them out, notes price reductions, commute time to the nearest tennis club, compares tax rates and pro-rates them out over the next 10 years; he is the one to prioritize, catorgorize, homogenize and pasturize everything, I look at the kitchen and imagine hosting an open house and greeting guests at the door and ushering them in.
I agree to the keeping the land open. I love seeing the fields while I drive around. This is one of the benefits of living in this state.
Where on the north shore do you work? I grew up in Ipswich and loved it. I love my place in Maine now with all the snow, etc.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaige View Post
I agree to the keeping the land open. I love seeing the fields while I drive around. This is one of the benefits of living in this state.
Where on the north shore do you work? I grew up in Ipswich and loved it. I love my place in Maine now with all the snow, etc.
I think there is a short circut and perhaps you meant to respond to someother poster????but highlighted my quote. But, I was born in Ipswich but I dont work there or anywhere else for that matterI am currently living in southern california and trying my best to get back to Maine. (I feel a bit like Dorothy Gale explaining to the Wizard..

Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 PM

73 posts, read 133,931 times
Sorry Elston. So you are an Ipswichite? Great. It has really changed a lot. The field across from where we lived is now all houses and I never thought that would happen. It was a great horse place when I was younger.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,057,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Come on up and enjoy
Be there soon and looking forward to it my friend!

Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Come on up and enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky Environmental View Post
I hope you have a very merry Christmas. We lived with 5 kids and an exchange student in a small apartment while we were building our current house. It can be done when you can see the goal. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
Many Thanks BlueSky! Good thing we're a close family. I usually am awoken to some kids cold foot on my back when they sneak into bed with us at night!

Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry Elston. So you are an Ipswichite? Great. It has really changed a lot. The field across from where we lived is now all houses and I never thought that would happen. It was a great horse place when I was younger.
We lived in Essex right next to the Universalist Church as you drive down toward the boatyard. I was still a baby when they moved so I really dont remember it, except I went back some years ago to touch that part of my life, and lo and behold I met my namesake who was in his 90's and who told me tales of when I was born and my parents were just starting out. I even saw the apartment he rented to them.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I keep seeing wonderful properties, that I fall in love with. Since I have no set destination I get distracted by real estate searches on line that yield exciting possible future homes. I go thru all the mental exercise of researching the area, imagining a life there and then when it goes off the market or I hear a discouraging word, I move on....
I know just how you feel! For us, on several occasions we find something that seems perfect and head up to take a look only to find the back half of the house is missing (out of the MLS pictures of course) or just unrepairable and shouldn't even be listed as a house. Oh well, We will just put our fate in Gods hand and he will lead us home! No Worries.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Where on the north shore do you work?
I am just finishing up on a historic renovation on a 1800's era house in Hingham MA. Its been a terrific job and Hingham is nice in comparison to the rest of MA that I've seen. That said its been 3 long months of commuting and being away from my family and I'm glad it's about over.
Next is a big mid 1800's house in Concord NH - only 20 minutes from home.

Still looking for that late fall 2008 project in Maine.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM

And Concord has some beautiful archetecture....such a pretty city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or