U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 PM

455 posts, read 1,087,908 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any photos of the Limestone area? We are thinking of renting/buying a small house on Access Highway in Limestone and would very much like to know more about the area and maybe see what it is like in that neighborhood. I believe it is near the Calvary Baptist Church.

Last edited by Abbymoulton; 12-19-2007 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: missing an "o"
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 06:36 PM

12,084 posts, read 33,141,404 times
I'll take the digital out tomorrow and try to post some pictures of the area Friday. If you PM me the address I'll take some of the house as well for you. It is fairly close to me so no biggie! Calvary Baptist Church is actually right outside of Caribou about 2 miles and is on The Access Highway which is known as Limestone road around here. I went past it this morning going to work, wish I had known then. I'll go that way tomorrow morning again and get some photos for you. Anything special you want to see, let me know.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:55 AM

Talking You are Wonderful

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I'll take the digital out tomorrow and try to post some pictures of the area Friday. If you PM me the address I'll take some of the house as well for you. It is fairly close to me so no biggie! Calvary Baptist Church is actually right outside of Caribou about 2 miles and is on The Access Highway which is known as Limestone road around here. I went past it this morning going to work, wish I had known then. I'll go that way tomorrow morning again and get some photos for you. Anything special you want to see, let me know.
Thank you so much. It is scary going back home without knowing where you are going to live, other than a poor picture on a web site. But, at least we found a place to rent and as long as we can be in Maine, ANY house will do. A tiny bit afraid that I will look more like thiswhen we actually get there. I did DM you with address and again a huge THANK YOU. Bless You.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 AM

7,728 posts, read 10,811,809 times
Abby, we did everything by internet and phone to get back to Maine. A friend did come and look at the rental, so we did at least know it was decent. It will work out for you. I know how nerve racking it must be for you but, It's going to be just fine deah!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Abby, we did everything by internet and phone to get back to Maine. A friend did come and look at the rental, so we did at least know it was decent. It will work out for you. I know how nerve racking it must be for you but, It's going to be just fine deah!
Thank you so much. I know it will one way or another. It is where we are supposed to be and the Good Lord will get us there.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 AM

Just to bump the thread. Abby, the photos were sent this morning to your e-mail address.

Here are a couple of interest of Limestone in general. The first 2 are of the School. K-12 in this building. It seems a rather large school for the size of the town, but you have to remember that when Loring Air Force Base was active, a lot of the base personel lived in the Limestone area and their children went to the Limestone school. When the base closed it hit the school hard, and they are still struggling.

The other two are just looking at Downtown Limestone like you are coming up Route 1 from Fort Fairfield.

The last two are the Community Playground. Looks a little sad right now buried under the snow, but it gets a LOT of use during the summer months.
Attached Thumbnails
Limestone photos??????-limestone-school-1.jpg   Limestone photos??????-limestone-school-2.jpg   Limestone photos??????-limestone-south-1.jpg   Limestone photos??????-limestone-south-2.jpg   Limestone photos??????-limestone-community-playground-1.jpg  

Limestone photos??????-limestone-community-playground-2.jpg  

Old 12-22-2007, 06:48 AM

Default My Town

Scott,
I can't even begin to thank you enough for going to all the trouble to send me pictures. You are just one of the wonderful people in Maine. The house is small but, it is just "Bert and I" and one old fat cat and one small dog. At least it should be easier to heat come next winter.

Last edited by Abbymoulton; 12-22-2007 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: spelling(as usual)

Old 12-22-2007, 06:51 AM

Abby I sent several of the house in question and the yard to your e-mail address. Along with the view looking toward Caribou and one looking into Limestone from the driveway.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM

The confusion I had of location by Calvary Baptist Church is due to the fact that the house numbers start in both Caribou and Limestone and run together somewhere in between the 2 towns. The church and the house are on opposite ends of the "Access Highway." I kept looking at the houses close to Caribou and none of them fit what you were saying and none of them had reality signs. So I drove into Limestone and viola... there it was. Still no sign I could see, but it was just hidden behind the snowbank.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Default House

How did you know? By the "small" I bet. It really is small. Looks like the kitchen will take some inventivness to do all my canning and such, but I can be pretty clever at times. I can't thank you enough for doing this for us. My hubby says you are a "awesome possum". He can't wait to get back home and get to go hunting again. Hasn't been in 20 years. That is hard for a diehard hunter and fisherman like he is.
I hope for you and your family a wonderful Christmas and all the best the new year can bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine