U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,634,990 times
Reputation: 730

Advertisements

Mostly we are being pretty mellow or as close can be for a 9 person family. You asked about the summer during our craziest week. I have two kids in day camps and another in a school related thing all with different start and end times.

I feel like a bit of a summer parenting failure this summer. All the wonderful outdoor things are kind of intimidating for me this year as i began the summer having some skin cancer removed from my face. I'm a bit sun shy. Even so, we are finding tons of fun things to do.

School starts on Sept 4 for my older kids and the 8th for kindergarten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 4,165,285 times
Reputation: 1800
Summer is over for us
My youngest daughter (sophmore in HS) starts this coming Monday at Desert Vista High School in Phoenix.
When we moved here 13 years ago, the school year started August 22. Each year since then has been earlier and earlier. The year ended May 23.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 04:06 AM
 
Location: Florida (SW)
38,428 posts, read 18,188,727 times
Reputation: 46306
I would have thought that they would want school to be in session during the "cooler" months; is that what drives the school year or are there 9 "cooler" months? Aren't you coming to Maine in late August? Will DD have to stay in Phoneix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 07:21 AM
 
874 posts, read 1,634,990 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Summer is over for us
My youngest daughter (sophmore in HS) starts this coming Monday at Desert Vista High School in Phoenix.
When we moved here 13 years ago, the school year started August 22. Each year since then has been earlier and earlier. The year ended May 23.
Wow. That is early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
 
1,961 posts, read 4,165,285 times
Reputation: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I would have thought that they would want school to be in session during the "cooler" months; is that what drives the school year or are there 9 "cooler" months? Aren't you coming to Maine in late August? Will DD have to stay in Phoneix?
You would have thought.... ( don't think the school district thinks)
I do not understand why we start so early, other than perhaps we are slowly creeping toward a year round schedule.

We are coming during our one week October break- along with youngest daughter!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Southwestern Ohio
4,112 posts, read 5,727,110 times
Reputation: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
You would have thought.... ( don't think the school district thinks)
I do not understand why we start so early, other than perhaps we are slowly creeping toward a year round schedule.

We are coming during our one week October break- along with youngest daughter!!
Maybe it's a blessing..maine will be so beatiful in the fall. Ours is in college and they start back on Sept. 4th, get a 5-6 week break over the holidays and get out around June 20th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top