U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:48 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,810,482 times

Advertisements

funny Sue!! Sebago is a great vacation spot,.. I think it's just that we have more active members of the forum that live a lil further north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 05:52 PM

7,395 posts, read 11,507,581 times
Sue, one of my SILs lives in Windham....the area is beautiful!

I will say though when we were planning the Jeep trips in Maine this year, we had a terrible time deciding where to go. I think when we all sit down and think about it we all know that you just can't go wrong, no matter where you choose

Old 12-27-2007, 05:58 PM

73 posts, read 131,725 times
I think those of us who live down in my area have to be more diligent in promoting it. I do however have to say for visiting Maine, the coastal route is fantastic.
That's all for now. Have a great evening folks

Old 12-29-2007, 08:13 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,439,960 times
Default Wow!

It all sounds wonderful!!!! I don't want to drive further than 45 mins.- an hour from any airport, but I don't think I can do the Boston commuter thing. Is it one of those puddle-jumper planes? They TERRIFY me

Arcadia sounds like a definite. A cabin or motel is fine by me as long as it's clean. Also, the excursion train sounds fantastic!!! Anyone ever visit Kennebunk? (not PORT). Gosh...my head is spinning. Can't wiat to start planning! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 5,724,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
It all sounds wonderful!!!! I don't want to drive further than 45 mins.- an hour from any airport, but I don't think I can do the Boston commuter thing. Is it one of those puddle-jumper planes? They TERRIFY me

Arcadia sounds like a definite. A cabin or motel is fine by me as long as it's clean. Also, the excursion train sounds fantastic!!! Anyone ever visit Kennebunk? (not PORT). Gosh...my head is spinning. Can't wiat to start planning! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Welcome to the Maine forum.. good luck on planning your trip!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 AM

36 posts, read 82,039 times
Soul - Beware! Upon your first visit to Maine you may want to move there We did/do. We visited Acadia (we flew into Portland, rented a car and drove route 1 to Acadia). We rented a cottage at Hascom's - just north of Acadia entrance. We loved the fact that we did not do any driving the 3 days in Acadia. The free bus system (with Nat'l Prk pass) was great!!!! We scampered all over the park and when we were tired, we flagged the bus. Hiking was great and scenic, but surprisingly difficult (Cadillac Mt.). Enjoy your trip, we enjoyed EVERYTHING about our trip.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,442,813 times
[quote=soulsurv;2363764]It all sounds wonderful!!!! I don't want to drive further than 45 mins.- an hour from any airport, but I don't think I can do the Boston commuter thing. Is it one of those puddle-jumper planes? They TERRIFY me

Yup. The aircraft is a Beech 1900, which is a 19 passenger, twin turboprop commuter airplane. They are, ah, "intimate", with 19 passengers sitting one passenger to the side of the aisle.

But flying up the coast of Maine in one and then landing at Bar Harbor Airport is a wonderful experience. I have made the trip often and would prefer to fly the "little" airplane ANY day of the week.

Take the risk: you will LOVE the whole experience and as you watch out the window as the airplane makes its approach to landing, you will see Acadia National Park and the greater Mt Desert Island as you will NEVER see it otherwise.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or