U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 PM

5,054 posts, read 7,696,922 times
Elston it's a good thing, my friend, that you weren't here a while back!

I wasn't aware that we were "promoting" ourselves. I thought the request was to share pics so we would recognize one another if we happen to meet. Not sure I'm in the right place now....

And please don't mistake our friendly bunch for something it is not..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 06:10 PM

33,708 posts, read 10,487,996 times
I am sorry to have gotten cranky. I can just skip this thread and should have done so. Go ahead and have a good time. I didnt mean to be unpleasant.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM

No worries! We can be a lively bunch around here sometimes and never mean to offend. And I'm quite sure we'd all be very happy to see a picture of you and your DP to add to our "family album"! I've been very curious since you described yourself as looking like Santa Clause!! I'll bet you're a right handsome elf......

Old 12-28-2007, 07:43 PM

99 posts, read 133,152 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
What is with turning the forum into a "meat market"? Does anyone else find this flirtatousness and superficiality uncomfortable? I do! I will skip this thread, but I know if this were gay guys promoting themselves....someone would have something to say about it.
Meat Market? Flirtatousness and superficiality?? promoting themselves???

I'm very sorry Elston that you took it that way as I don't see it that way at all, but I do feel the need to address your comments....

As for flirting, in another post someone put up Misteltoe and the next 2 people 2 post would 'kiss'. I jokingly said I wanted to kiss Bydand. I then explained myself that I am hoping and wishing to not remain single for the rest of my life and was tired of the loneliness of not having a mistletoe partner. I was widowed at age 33. 4 years ago. I said my two biggest wishes were to move to Maine and find that special someone again. Putting it out to the universe so to speak, not promoting myself on the meat market. In this thread Forest suggested we all post photos. I took that literally and posted a photo of myself and then one of my son, in no way attempting to be superficial.

I sincerely apologize if my 'flirting' with Bydand or for that matter, Forest Beekeeper, if it was 'flirting' at all offended you or anyone else, I can assure you it it was harmless fun. I've enjoyed your postings Elston, but I gotta tell you this flat out ruffled my feathers.

Stacie

Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 PM

99 posts, read 133,152 times
and now I've read El's replies and your apology and see that maybe we were both cranky. Again, sorry.

Stacie

Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM

10,154 posts, read 9,765,297 times
lets not be bastardizing meat markets either!! being a butcher, i find meat markets rather attractive...

Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM

HA HA, MBM! You just can't resist, can you?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:07 PM

10,154 posts, read 9,765,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post
Meat Market? Flirtatousness and superficiality?? promoting themselves???

I'm very sorry Elston that you took it that way as I don't see it that way at all, but I do feel the need to address your comments....

As for flirting, in another post someone put up Misteltoe and the next 2 people 2 post would 'kiss'. I jokingly said I wanted to kiss Bydand. I then explained myself that I am hoping and wishing to not remain single for the rest of my life and was tired of the loneliness of not having a mistletoe partner. I was widowed at age 33. 4 years ago. I said my two biggest wishes were to move to Maine and find that special someone again. Putting it out to the universe so to speak, not promoting myself on the meat market. In this thread Forest suggested we all post photos. I took that literally and posted a photo of myself and then one of my son, in no way attempting to be superficial.

I sincerely apologize if my 'flirting' with Bydand or for that matter, Forest Beekeeper, if it was 'flirting' at all offended you or anyone else, I can assure you it it was harmless fun. I've enjoyed your postings Elston, but I gotta tell you this flat out ruffled my feathers.

Stacie
stacie,, it is in harmless fun,,,and since you mentioned the mistletoe above, if we ever do have a meet-n-greet, i believe a mistletoe would be a wonderful idea,,no matter what time of year it is,,
and after reading another thread, i wanna get me a forest beard,,and a kilt,,
the woman seem to like this combo....

Old 12-28-2007, 09:07 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,395,878 times
As the DH of MenMe I am saddened that the photos may have been taken out of context. No harm intended, enough said. I hope to meet you ya-ya's who make it to
Eastport this summer.

Formerly known as Iluvme -- much to smug, so now I am maine4.us

Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Thanks! We'll all be anxious to meet you too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine