U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:06 PM

29,730 posts, read 47,507,271 times

Advertisements

I was at the post office today. I offered to help a gentleman who was trying to get a stack of letters to feed through a mail slot. He had tremors and was really mangling some letters, however he refused my offer.

I got my mail and began sorting through it to remove the junk and many offers from the Marine corps. And then a cute babe asked me if I lived in Argyle.

I looked at her [a beautiful young lady who I was certain I had never met before] and I told here that yes I do live in Argyle, and I went back to sorting my mail.

She was still looking at me.

I was hoping that I did not know her, how could my mind have slipped so poorly into old-age that I do not recognize this beauty standing before me?

And yet she was still looking at me.

Then she asked me if I keep bees, [now I am totally desperate for trying to place where I know her from] I told her that yes I do keep bees [Darn she is good looking, how could I possibly not remember this babe].

Then I thought that I detected an ever so slight Texas Drawl in her speech patterns, so I asked her if she came from Texas.

She smiled [sigh, an angel]

She introduced herself to me as Txmom on this forum [WooHoo! Happy Day! I am not losing my mind!.

She tried to dis-engage from talking to me, to turn her back to me and focus on the queue [perhaps I was drooling and it made her uncomfortable], however the queue was long, and it really was not moving anywhere. So we spoke a bit longer.

I recalled that she had moved here with her children, and had not met many locals yet, so I asked her about her children and how they liked school in Old Town. [At least I tried not to drool, wow she is very attractive]

She likes the small classrooms in the Old Town elementary schools, which we have also observed in the highschool. I was having a conversation with an angel, I tell you!

She showed me the ring that her hubby got for her. A very nice example of Tourmaline set in gold [on a very soft and gentle hand], her hubby had gone all the way to Ellsworth to find just the right piece of jewelery for his bride.

And then the moment was over, the queue was moving once again. sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 04:03 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,815,601 times
Another excellant story Forest. I bet you were a little surprised!

Old 12-26-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Another excellant story Forest. I bet you were a little surprised!
I was very surprised.

It is really neat bumping into folks from this forum

TxMom said that bumping into me was like bumping into a celebrity, LOL. I presume in the context that she had read a lot of my posts. How funny!

I do enjoy meeting other posters.

Perhaps we can all get together at the Bowling alley. I am aware of a very friendly little group that meets in the Old Town Bowling Alley every month. We could easily meet there.

Get everyone from the Bangor, Orono, Old Town, Milo, Brewer area together for a fun evening of bowling maybe

Old 12-26-2007, 04:18 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,933,280 times
So, the moral of the story......TXMOM is a babe!!

That is so cool, to just keep running into people like that. Can't wait!!

Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM

7,395 posts, read 11,512,943 times
forest I'm so glad that you got to meet her! I'm so glad she spoke so you would know it was her!! how great for both of you and for all of us who get to read about it

Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
So, the moral of the story......TXMOM is a babe!!

That is so cool, to just keep running into people like that. Can't wait!!
"TxMom is a babe"

Well, yes, since you mentioned it, she is.

How perceptive you are!

Don't tell her that I let out her secret.

And it is really cool that I keep bumping into folks from CD.

I am so amazed that here I am, just an average looking bloke, and folks from CD keep bumping into me, and they are able to recognize me!

What is with that?

It is really cool, really it is; it also just amazes me too.

Like today, what are the odds that the nicest looking babe in the post office, should recognize me from here?

Amazing I tell you.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:21 PM

444 posts, read 808,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I am so amazed that here I am, just an average looking bloke, and folks from CD keep bumping into me, and they are able to recognize me!
Amazing I tell you.
For the record, Forest is a very nice-looking man. It was great meeting him today! Something told me it was him, so I asked him is he was from Argyle. Maybe once souls are connected (even through cyberspace), they know how to find each other.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 PM

9,497 posts, read 14,296,487 times
Let me inform this august forum that Forest Beekeeper is no "average looking bloke". He's a stand-out in any crowd. If you have been here a while you learn about folks and Forest Beekeeper has told us he wears bib overalls, has a substantial beard and being retired from the Navy is around 45 years old. I spotted him in a crowded restaurant. It would have been even easier in a post office.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:47 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,933,280 times
I believe I'd recognize those warm eyes and smile anywhere!

Old 12-26-2007, 05:51 PM

444 posts, read 808,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I spotted him in a crowded restaurant. It would have been even easier in a post office.
I still like my "connected soul" theory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine