Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 PM

612 posts, read 1,210,149 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 12:05 AM

323 posts, read 988,386 times
Happy New Year to all the interesting people on this forum that make me feel a little closer to Maine.

I hope my house sells so I can get to Maine and explore all it has to offer and can't wait to hear from the ones that make it there before me!

I feel a big adventure in 2008 and can't wait to find out what it has instore for our family. Come next year I should be toasting to a snowy sky filled with fun tales and all that lies ahead while kissing my DH and tucking in my little ones that try to stay up till midnight, all the while smiling inside that I took a leap of faith and landed in a place that feels like home. Good wishes to you all in the New Year and I hope to meet you one day over lobster bisque and Shipyard Ale!

Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,428,827 times
Default Happy New Year to all!

My local ABC news station down here just showed a clip from Gorham! The fresh new snow looks so beautiful! For those of you that are loving it, YEAH! For those of you dreading having to shovel today, tonight and tomorrow.... easy on your backs and remember to bend at the knees!

Wishing you all a wonderful 2008!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,488,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Good luck with the dye job! New year, new hair color? (I'm on my 3rd glass of wine. Yippeeee!)
I went with darker than the light reddish blond I had last weekend. Good luck Star that will be a great color for you. I had three glasses as well(at a board bash with my geographically closer internet buds).

Happy New Year to all!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:47 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,363,483 times
Hap..............py New Year, Everyone!!!! (That was from the drunken Captain from Showboat ) No, it's before noon so no nipping at the bottle here yet, though I have a nice bottle of Champagne waiting for DH to get home tonight.

I hope everyone has a perfect first day of the new year. I awoke to a wonderful sign of things coming provided by my 7 year old, Victoria. She hopped out of bed telling me she had a "wonderful" dream last night. She dreamed that it was her birthday - Dec 15th - and all her new Maine friends were there, and they were playing in the snow, and we had a "house with stairs". Now what a dream to have on New Year's Eve!! I'll take it!

See you all soon!! Maine 2008..........

Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,659,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
well I am thinking that looking for work, something that was a little less grey might help a bit. I don't look THAT old (in my opinion anyway...) and warming the color up a bit will help. I think it turned out fine... and I am glad I kept looking until I found the light reddish blonde instead of settling for something darker or redder.
I've been coloring my hair so long that it's getting too damaged to dye anymore. Now that I'm finally letting it grow out, I notice gray hairs. I might try a semi-permanent color if the gray gets out of control. Ahhh, the perils of growing older !

Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 PM

175 posts, read 418,524 times
Happy 2008.

May each and everyone of you have a great and wonderful year and may all your hopes and dreams come true.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,332,469 times
Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:12 PM

47,855 posts, read 21,879,068 times
As a New Years gift to all of you who enjoy the historical perspective, these were the thoughts of my great great aunt as she wrote them in her journal while staying with friends in Limington Maine, 1860. May we find the same blessings at the end of this year.

December 31, 1860

"At morning the skies were dark and lowering and all surrounding nature have testimony that the Storm King had been busy at work all through the night. Not a trace of a road or path could be seen and the orchard across the way was indeed a beautiful sight. Emmeline called my attention to it and besides being pleased at the appearance of the trees I was grateful to see that she was an observer of the beautiful outward world.

I have washed today and repaired hoop skirts. Prepared some kniting and listened to reading by the children and after writing a little, retired.

Farewell to the old year, I can but drop a tear at parting. It has brought some … dark hours yet it has brought me many for which I am deeply thankful. Health, friends and prosperity are yet ours. "

Old 01-01-2008, 01:16 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,363,483 times
Quite a treasure you have there, E! Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: