U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 AM

1,815 posts, read 4,270,892 times

Advertisements

Just saw this post - as mainebrokerman said, it's personal property (like a swing set) and can stay or go. Many sellers don't list them as "amenities" in the MLS, but hold them back for negotiating, i.e. we'll leave the hot tub if you will do this, etc. I've worked with buyers who wanted them, but not used, as they can be purchased and installed locally and many buyers would rather have a new one. They are not the easiest thing to move, however, so often times when working as a Buyer Agent, I'll not ask for it in the initial negotiations, only to have the sellers offer to leave it anyway. As mbm pointed out, they leave a rather conspicuous (and easy to fill) hole in the back deck, if they are removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM

191 posts, read 452,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I kow people who have a hot tub and love it. They jump out in roll in the snow, then jump back in. When you roll in the snow after getting out of a hot tub, every pore on your entire body slams shut.
"
You are sooo right. My DH insisted on taking me to a Spa the first time I went to visit his family in Germany (1988). We went from the sauna to outside in the snow. It really was invigorating ... still kind of hard to believe I actually went through with it though. I mean i don't quite get those Polar bear people that charge into the ocean when it's freezing. I guess i just figured when in Rome (or Germany as was this case)......etc
and EL....you'de love the German spas, lots of running around nekid.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:02 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,936,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoMaine View Post
You are sooo right. My DH insisted on taking me to a Spa the first time I went to visit his family in Germany (1988). We went from the sauna to outside in the snow. It really was invigorating ... still kind of hard to believe I actually went through with it though. I mean i don't quite get those Polar bear people that charge into the ocean when it's freezing. I guess i just figured when in Rome (or Germany as was this case)......etc
I've learned that I can run nekkid just about anywhere, though the neighbors may not like it! It's kinda funny, we used to have a very elderly couple living just behind us. They were both blind as bats, and I got used to running around my house in "whatever" not worrying a bit about our french doors to the back patio. The old folks finally passed away and the house was sold to a younger couple, probably in their 50s. I was standing in my kitchen in bra and panties early one morning fixing lunches for the girls, and I look up and out the back to see Mr. Neighbor standing on his front porch looking right over here. As soon as I caught his eye, he turned and disappeard into the house. I can imagine that his eyesight is much better than the previous owners! I've had to chase my household attire a bit!!

Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 PM

29,738 posts, read 47,532,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoMaine View Post
Did they have the heated towel racks?

I first saw them in Austria, and knew that every house we had from then on must have them too.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:02 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,611,269 times
Our neighbor has a hot tub out back of her farmhouse and loves it....

Old 12-31-2007, 07:47 AM

191 posts, read 452,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Did they have the heated towel racks?
You know, I'm not sure if the towel I got was heated or not...I was just happy to have it to hang on to.
My husband's sister lives in a very old home in Germany...built in the 1600's so nothing as modern as heated towel racks there. But I can see why they would be nice to have in Maine.

.....El -your neighbors will miss you!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 AM

29,738 posts, read 47,532,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Our neighbor has a hot tub out back of her farmhouse and loves it....
How far is it from her house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine