Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 10,749 times

Advertisements

Hi!, am a railroad enthusiast from the UK, I'm looking for photo's & track diagrams for some of the minor terminals in rural New England, in particular those up near the Canadian border. If anyone has anything they think maybe of interest please feel free to contact me. I am particularly interested in the line to St Francis, but information on any other remote lines in Maine/NH/VT would be of interest.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:37 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,424,366 times
Here is the Maine State Archive site.
Railroading is of interest to me also as my great-grandfather, grandfather and uncle worked for them.
If you scroll down the page, you will find track layout.
http://www.maine.gov/sos/arc/databases/index.html

Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 AM

3 posts, read 10,749 times
Thanks for the info, if anyone has anything from the immediate post war period, (1945-1955) please let me know.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:33 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,424,366 times
Good morning John, try this link:
NewspaperARCHIVE.com - Search old newspaper articles online
It is a pay for view.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,661 times
Default Northern New England railroad information

Quote:
Originally Posted by john raithby View Post
Hi!, am a railroad enthusiast from the UK, I'm looking for photo's & track diagrams for some of the minor terminals in rural New England, in particular those up near the Canadian border. If anyone has anything they think maybe of interest please feel free to contact me. I am particularly interested in the line to St Francis, but information on any other remote lines in Maine/NH/VT would be of interest.
John,

I am in the process of dismantling my late fathers railroad collection.
To date I have reviewed 7 albums containing Boston and Maine photo''s and postcards of the B & M stations and routes, thru New Hampshire , Maine and part of Massachusetts. He also has a locomotive roster for the Portland and Rochester RR. Some photo's date back to 1877. ALso timetable's from the Belfast and Moosehead Lake RR.

He had route maps of Belfast & Moosehead, B & M, Maine Central, Fitchburg to Gardner, Mass, Adams and Canaan Branches.He had more photos of engines then we can count, with all the pertinet information.
He had newspaper articles and photos of train wrecks, annual reports dating back to 1850 and original bill of ladens and passes going back to 1871.

If any of this would be of any interest to you, please let me know.

Raymond E Hill

Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,666,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Edward Hill View Post
John,

I am in the process of dismantling my late fathers railroad collection.
To date I have reviewed 7 albums containing Boston and Maine photo''s and postcards of the B & M stations and routes, thru New Hampshire , Maine and part of Massachusetts. He also has a locomotive roster for the Portland and Rochester RR. Some photo's date back to 1877. ALso timetable's from the Belfast and Moosehead Lake RR.

He had route maps of Belfast & Moosehead, B & M, Maine Central, Fitchburg to Gardner, Mass, Adams and Canaan Branches.He had more photos of engines then we can count, with all the pertinet information.
He had newspaper articles and photos of train wrecks, annual reports dating back to 1850 and original bill of ladens and passes going back to 1871.

If any of this would be of any interest to you, please let me know.

Raymond E Hill
This thread is so old that John is now into high powered rocketry!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,747,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
This thread is so old that John is now into high powered rocketry!

Yup.

Try contacting the member through the Direct Message system
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine