U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 AM

29,723 posts, read 47,495,927 times

Advertisements

My snowblower just ran about 20 foot and died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 AM

17,159 posts, read 22,175,230 times
if this is global warming,,,id hate to see global cooling

ive got two glaciers forming on both sides of my driveway from the snowblower,,,if they start moving, one will take out my garage, and the other will take out my house!

ive got to renew my glacier insurance policy!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 AM

411 posts, read 790,730 times
Lol MBM! We've currently got our driveway snowblowed halfway into the yard so that there's somewhere to put the snow that's yet to come. The walkway from the drive to the house is wide enough now to fit my minivan up it, and the path to the goat feeders is about 5 feet wide, lol. We normally have it 2 feet wide. Hubby went crazy making sure he got everything pushed back. Good thing too it looks like, more to come soon I'm sure! Yay! Bring on the snow!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 AM

874 posts, read 1,634,775 times
Gotta love Maine... apologizing for the weather. Shaking head in amazement here. Another day at home for the kids. Accept for the one who loves his school more than computer games even (who'd of thunk it?) they are all pretty pleased to be home.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 AM

874 posts, read 1,634,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Oh no. The Bob the builder song is running through my head though. I bet if anyone can, you can fix it. I hope it isn't too much of a pain.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 AM

411 posts, read 790,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Todd says he'll be over tomorrow if you'd like him to, and snowblow your drive w/ours. He doesn't expect to be home until late this afternoon, and then needs to sleep, but tomorrow he'll do your drive.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:44 AM

455 posts, read 1,087,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Well, I just watched the weather and Caribou/Washburn area got 54.4" of snow in December. I thought we were getting a touch more than usual.
Sure hope this happens again next year when I can be there.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,510,961 times
well, I've now got the problem of where to put the snow! I just came in from outside, shoveled out back and out front, and just leaned on the shovel looking at the driveway. We picked a bad year to decide to shovel... lol The windows at the back of the house on the first level are completely covered with snow, and all the snowbanks are now taller than me--even the ones out back! oh, we live in a split level, that's why the snow is covering the windows lol....thought I better clarify that So, I'm thinking that Michael and I are going to have to knock the top of the snowbanks back, and we can shovel the snow in the driveway up there!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:56 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,141,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
Sure hope this happens again next year when I can be there.
You should see the pile in front of the house you two are looking at. Hope you are not coming anytime before, maybe, next October when the drive will be clear again. Just kidding, it should be clear by mid-September LOL.

In all reality though, it is growing giant. Right now, if you came tomorrow, there isn't a pick-up mounted plow that would knock down the bank, you would have to get a tractor with a bucket.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM

29,723 posts, read 47,495,927 times
We got it fixed.

Matthew pulled and cleaned the plug. We got our driveway cleared!

Yoo Hoo!

Now we will make a trip into town to get a replacement spark plug and fuel filter [I do not want to go through this hassle again this win-tah].

My beard was a solid frozen mass of frozen-ness. I came in and got a cup of coffee, but my beard started dripping off chunks of ice and water everywhere, so I had to dive into the jacuzzi to get the ice out of my beard. Really I did not want to go in there, I had to do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine