U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 8,106,158 times
Reputation: 1829

Advertisements

Beautiful photos on those two sites!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2008, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod, MA
406 posts, read 1,175,641 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
I love that coastal look and although we live in AZ I do not decorate Southwest.

My girlfriend that moved back to Maine from AZ decorates rustic Southwest and it's mixed with some Maine flavor, baskets, yankee candles, some Maine photo's along with some Southwest landscape prints and it looks really good.

My advise is the more you buy the more you will have to move and when you get there you can tour all the shops and find little treasures to put in your house. It might be fun to unload all the stuff you want to get rid of and then less to pack and fill it all in when you get there. A lot of nature will be right outside your door to work with.
Isn't it funny how we tend to decorate from other areas we love? I visit St. Martin and Aruba...so I did my bedroom in very tropical colors. I'm sure if I went into a home of a native from one of the islands that's NOT how it would be done up.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 8,106,158 times
Reputation: 1829
That must apply to everywhere except Texas! Here, a lot of people do the "Texas" themed rooms. They'll have cowboy hats, rope on the wall, cattle branding irons, cowboy boot planters, etc. And of course, there is the obligatory wrought iron Texas shaped wall hanging. State pride, I guess. I don't have much, so I'm not the best authority!

You'd never guess I was born and raised here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod, MA
406 posts, read 1,175,641 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
That must apply to everywhere except Texas! Here, a lot of people do the "Texas" themed rooms. They'll have cowboy hats, rope on the wall, cattle branding irons, cowboy boot planters, etc. And of course, there is the obligatory wrought iron Texas shaped wall hanging. State pride, I guess. I don't have much, so I'm not the best authority!

You'd never guess I was born and raised here.
Oh they're gonna have a field day with that accent!
Are the people with the Texas themed rooms actually from Texas?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 8,106,158 times
Reputation: 1829
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodder View Post
Oh they're gonna have a field day with that accent!
Are the people with the Texas themed rooms actually from Texas?
Most that I know are born and bred!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod, MA
406 posts, read 1,175,641 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Most that I know are born and bred!
That's so funny...bless their hearts!
They're overflowing with state pride.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2008, 11:33 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 3,043,756 times
Reputation: 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
One of my friends takes nice photos of Maine too. He showed me what camera to buy and answered a lot of questions for me. He has a lot of pictures in Maine Nature News too.
Lovely- esp the Beaver Island and Mooselookmeguntic Lake.
Your friend is quite talented!

capecodder- Kevin White's website is very nice too!!!

Thanks for sharing both of you!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 3,043,756 times
Reputation: 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
I love that coastal look and although we live in AZ I do not decorate Southwest.

My girlfriend that moved back to Maine from AZ decorates rustic Southwest and it's mixed with some Maine flavor, baskets, yankee candles, some Maine photo's along with some Southwest landscape prints and it looks really good.

My advise is the more you buy the more you will have to move and when you get there you can tour all the shops and find little treasures to put in your house. It might be fun to unload all the stuff you want to get rid of and then less to pack and fill it all in when you get there. A lot of nature will be right outside your door to work with.
I will admit that my home in AZ has a photo, water color or oil print of the ocean in every room. My ongoing attempt to stay hydrated in the arid Southwest and not turn into a reptile Maine has never left our lives though we physically moved away!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Florida (SW)
34,208 posts, read 11,423,280 times
Reputation: 44420
I think my house is mostly Mission Style with one room having a jungle/tropical theme there is also a strong asian influence including some beautiful calligraphy that DP's mother did and gave us, and handcrafts that his aunt has given to us. We have lots of plants and a variety of porcelain and antique curios. It is comfortable and reflects us.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 781,512 times
Reputation: 575
Moughie,

I have the same "a photo, water color or oil print of the ocean in every room". I love the water...a flowing stream, pond, lake and ocean. There is a feeling that speaks to my soul that I have yet to find the words to describe for the inner peacefulness and joy of looking out over water.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top