U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Coastal Bend, Texas
114 posts, read 310,313 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me a little about Hebron?Maybe some photo's??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Maine
566 posts, read 1,247,194 times
Reputation: 680
Hi Kimmeaster. I do not have any pictures of Hebron but I lived there for 20 years. I do not live there now but have family there. Can I help answer some questions? Hebron is a small town of probably less than 1,000 people. It is about 20 minutes from Auburn. It is also about 15 minutes from South Paris. It is part of SAD #17 as far as public schools go. There is a new grade school there that housed K-6th grade. Jr. High students go to South Paris and High School students go to Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School also in South Paris. There is a private school in Hebron. Hebron Academy. It used to be K-12. I am not sure if they still do the younger grades or not but I believe they do. Hebron is a nice town. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Coastal Bend, Texas
114 posts, read 310,313 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstlouis View Post
Hi Kimmeaster. I do not have any pictures of Hebron but I lived there for 20 years. I do not live there now but have family there. Can I help answer some questions? Hebron is a small town of probably less than 1,000 people. It is about 20 minutes from Auburn. It is also about 15 minutes from South Paris. It is part of SAD #17 as far as public schools go. There is a new grade school there that housed K-6th grade. Jr. High students go to South Paris and High School students go to Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School also in South Paris. There is a private school in Hebron. Hebron Academy. It used to be K-12. I am not sure if they still do the younger grades or not but I believe they do. Hebron is a nice town. If I can answer any questions, please feel free to ask.
Is land cheap there?Is there good or halfway decent farmland available?Or is it all woods or a mix of both?I would maybe like to start a horse farm there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Maine
566 posts, read 1,247,194 times
Reputation: 680
I don't know what the price of land is there. I can tell you that it is not all woods but a good portion of it is wooded. There are quite a few apple orchards. As far as farm land there probably is not a lot but don't rule it out. A lot of families that live there have lived there for several generations. Many have land they might be willing to sell but probably don't advertise it. As with many small towns a great source for information are the locals. Many can be found especially in the mornings getting coffee and swapping stories at the local store. (There is only one small store in town.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Coastal Bend, Texas
114 posts, read 310,313 times
Reputation: 39
Okay Stlouis,It looks like a go for me,and I will be moving there this fall.I expect the weather will be pretty much the same as Minnesota,but not with those bone chilling wind chills like Minn. gets.Is there high humidity in summer?And what are the driving times/distances to Sugarloaf and Sunday River?Thanks,Kimme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 PM
 
8,760 posts, read 15,978,037 times
Reputation: 3481
We have friends that live there and own a pulling horse farm. Troika Drafts. There is also a nice motocross track just outside of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Coastal Bend, Texas
114 posts, read 310,313 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
We have friends that live there and own a pulling horse farm. Troika Drafts. There is also a nice motocross track just outside of town.
What is the weather like there in summer and winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
 
8,760 posts, read 15,978,037 times
Reputation: 3481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmeastar View Post
What is the weather like there in summer and winter?
Cold in the winter and warm in the summer! Just like the rest of Maine. They get a little more snow than the coastal areas usually but not as much as the far north. If a coastal storm gets that far inland in winter they will usually get snow where the coast will get a mix or just rain.
Summer temps tend to be about 10-15 degrees higher than the immediate coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Coastal Bend, Texas
114 posts, read 310,313 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Cold in the winter and warm in the summer! Just like the rest of Maine. They get a little more snow than the coastal areas usually but not as much as the far north. If a coastal storm gets that far inland in winter they will usually get snow where the coast will get a mix or just rain.
Summer temps tend to be about 10-15 degrees higher than the immediate coast.
Great!! I love the cold,just not the blistering 50 mile an hour winds and eighty below zero wind chill we get here in Minnesota.And I hate high humidity.Can't stand it.I'm looking forward to some skiing at Sunday River and Sugarloaf this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top