U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 03:19 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,929,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Ooh, competition! I like to think I make a fairly decent chili.

Forest, there *is* a good Mex joint in Maine- it's on Rt. 1, I forget exactly where. Not to worry, I'll go find it again.
Do tell! I will NEED a good Mexican food source when we move. I was raised on the stuff and can't imagine living the rest of days without!! Kinda like..........ok, we won't go there.

I plan to return to Texas as seldom as possible, so I'm sure I'll be having withdrawals soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 04:21 PM

29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Ooh, competition! I like to think I make a fairly decent chili.

Forest, there *is* a good Mex joint in Maine- it's on Rt. 1, I forget exactly where. Not to worry, I'll go find it again.
Brightly painted, on the ocean side of the road, on a slight curve in the road, near a small sailboatyard?

I remember driving by that when I was dealing with a realtor in Belfast and driving all over the area looking at land.

I never did stop in the taste their food.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,426,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Brightly painted, on the ocean side of the road, on a slight curve in the road, near a small sailboatyard?

I remember driving by that when I was dealing with a realtor in Belfast and driving all over the area looking at land.

I never did stop in the taste their food.
It's a big log building. The Mex joint is on the left and there is an oil co on the right (in the same bldng). Traveling southbound on 1 it's on the right. I don't remember what town it was in, could be anywhere from Bath to Ellsworth. I'm thinking it's closer to Bath but I wasn't really paying attention to where I was. All I remember is that the food was pretty good. I think the guy that runs it is from Honduras or Guatemala.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:04 PM

29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times
I do not recall seeing it.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:05 PM

132 posts, read 549,077 times
This guy goes to his psycholigist and says, "I'm a tee pee, I'm a wig wam, I'm a tee pee, I'm a wig wam, I'm a tee pee, I'm a wig wam" and the doctor says "hold it, I know what's wrong, you're too tense!".

Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,459,169 times
Although this is probably a nationwide appeal, it was sent to me by a cousin who lives in Maine - that makes it a Maine joke, right? Just checking....

We always hear"the rules" From the female side. Well, at last, here are the rules according to MEN. They are all #1 intentionally.

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

1. Learn to work the
toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and Noare perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. Anything we said 6 months agois inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we saidcan be interpreted two waysand one of the waysmakes you sad or angry,we meant the other one

1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already knowbest how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbusdid NOT need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors,like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit,not A color.Pumpkin is also a fruit.We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing,"We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a questionyou don't want an answer to,Expect an answer
you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutelyanything you wearis fine... Really .

1. Don't ask uswhat we're thinking aboutunless you are prepared
to discuss such topicsas baseball or golf.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape!

1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you knowmen really don't mind that?It's like camping.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,811,809 times
That was cute! Thank you

Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,426,587 times
1 more thing on asking for what you want- don't ask us if *we* want it. Unless it's a restaurant and we're hungry, we probably don't.

"Do you want to stop in that fabric shop?"

"No."

Ten minutes later...

"I really wanted to stop in that fabric shop."

"Then you should have said you wanted to, instead of asking me if *I* wanted to."

Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 PM

612 posts, read 1,063,335 times
Maine Obituary
Mrs. Pete Monaghan came into the newsroom to pay for her husband's obituary. She was told by the kindly newsman that it was a dollar a word and he remembered Pete and wasn't it too bad about him passing away.
She thanked him for his kind words and bemoaned the fact that she only had two dollars. But she wrote out the obituary, "Pete died."
The newsman said he thought old Pete deserved more and he'd give her three more words at no charge.
Mrs. Pete Monaghan thanked him and rewrote the obituary: "Pete died. Boat for sale"

Last edited by Eastport4me; 01-25-2008 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: font

Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM

7,728 posts, read 10,811,809 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine