U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:48 AM

874 posts, read 1,634,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Get the cheapest brand in the store. Use an extra 2 tablespoons to brew a pot. To the ground coffee, add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp cocoa powder. To each mug, add your choice of sweetener and cream or the powdered stuff and enjoy the morning in style. That's how I spell morning coffee. Keep a travel mug ready on your counter to take it with you when you have to go out. Brands mean nothing. Knowing how to make good coffee from any brand of coffee is all you need for perfect coffee.
Oooh sounds good. I like the way you spell. Anything that involves chocolate spells good to me. :P Hmm If i go make coffee now do you think DH would notice (he's the big coffee drinker).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 05:07 AM

497 posts, read 1,373,503 times
I am a Tim Horton guy myself. It's my life blood since I work nights. Not to mention it's the only place near the shop that's open 24 hours. But it's great stuff!!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,136,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I've never had access to maple sap, but I do brew with anything that sounds good that day. I put dry spices in my grounds and any wet extracts go into the pot. I also put cocoa powder into the pot and cinnamon in the grounds occasionally for a Parisian hot cocoa flavor.

Yeah, I know! Flavored coffee.........what did BobTex call it........foofoo......
What kind of spices do you use?

I've never made coffee using sap but I do sweeten it sometimes with syrup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappycamper View Post
Really?

No one has mention Tim Hortons?
Nope, never.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:19 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,512,943 times
my problem with Tim Hortons is simple---and pretty close to the same problem I have with Irving or Blue Canoe......I just tend to support MAINE or US when I can....I shop Canadian when I'm in Canada

isn't Tim Hortons the place where you order a LARGE coffee and get 4 oz?

Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 AM

323 posts, read 859,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I think we're all entitled to our own tastes and opinions. That's the purpose of a thread to discuss everyone's favorite coffee. Maybe there is something out there worth trying that I've never heard of.

And who said they prefered Starbucks?I think Starbucks is overpriced and overcommercialized.
'

I received a chain letter through e-mail saying that Starbucks won't support our troops. The men and women wrote them a letter asking them to ship some coffee for Christmas since that is what they liked to drink and Starbucks said they didn't support the war and weren't going to support the troops! No coffee!
That made me so mad I have vowed never to order a cup of my favorite Carmel Apple Cider or coffee ever again from them.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:42 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,148,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
'

I received a chain letter through e-mail saying that Starbucks won't support our troops. The men and women wrote them a letter asking them to ship some coffee for Christmas since that is what they liked to drink and Starbucks said they didn't support the war and weren't going to support the troops! No coffee!
That made me so mad I have vowed never to order a cup of my favorite Carmel Apple Cider or coffee ever again from them.
This is a false e-mail that was sent out. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Starbucks Refuses Marines

In the response from Snopes.com the writer of the original e-mail admits he sent out an e-mail before he had done the proper research and that he now knows that Starbucks does in fact support the troops. There is also a reply from Starbucks as well. Personally we don't drink Starbucks at out house, because the DW just doesn't care for it that much. The only one she likes even a little is the whole bean Breakfast Blend.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 AM

323 posts, read 859,715 times
Thanks for clearing that up, I usually don't believe that stuff but it sounded true.
I only ordered Starbucks for a treat but haven't drank one cup since I read that e-mail.

Whoo Hoooo now I can get a cider if they still have it

Old 01-06-2008, 08:48 AM

7,728 posts, read 10,815,601 times
Thank You Bydand,.. I was looking for that link but, you beat me to it! "Dirty Laundry"

Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,550,607 times
I am reading this thread, sitting here with a cup of New England Vanilla coffee - I love flavored coffees. We bring back bags of New England coffee to savor all winter long. I also like Green Mountain flavored coffees except for the Pumpkin Pie flavor. Tried that on our way back to WV last fall and I really didn't like it a bit. Let my 88 year old father take a sip and he loved it, so he finished the cup. My personal favorite flavored coffee is New England Blueberry.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:53 AM

52 posts, read 116,076 times
Default coffee

I love Starbucks. Particularly their Lattes. But their plain brewed coffee is awful - bitter and acidic. I suspect that is part of their master plan - if their "cheap" plain brewed coffee is bad, then more people will order the fancier, more expensive coffee drinks.

I've had Tim Horton's coffee a few times in Ontario - too strong for me. That stuff will put starch in your shirt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or