Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:07 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
mainer1234, could you please interpret that last post of yours and post it again in English, so those of us that are over 10 can understand what the hell you are trying to say? Cut the text message speak and type actual words, you might find it liberating to have people understand you.
Uh-oh. I understood him. Should I be worried?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 02:18 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,579,285 times
I find this type of written language all over the place on the net. Its terrible. This might be a generational thing!

Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Uh, I would consider a town that only experienced one 90+ day and four 80+ days to have winter year round, and you don't need A/C in the winter.

Maine averages what, 76F over the summer? Hardly A/C weather! How many days over the summer does it get really humid?
I think that's probably on the city data information, but the trouble is in this case (humidity) it varies greatly from town to town. We've left Calais for the night to sleep over at the house in Eastport just to get away from it! I spent the better part of the summer in Portland a few years ago, and didn't find it to be unbearable at all. There were a couple of sticky days, but not bad

Old 01-12-2008, 03:59 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I have to admit that my lovely wife insists on having the A/C on in the bedroom, and in the middle of Summer I'm sleeping under a down comforter while she has no covers and the air blowing directly on the bed.
I understand, my poor DH freezes but anything over 80 degrees and I positively perspire. It feels like I'm melting!

Old 01-13-2008, 06:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
A few times? That is nothing. Try this scenario 5-6 days a week. I think that I'll be fine without the A/C.
Our house doesn't have central air now. Only the kids car's a/c still works. We do have a few units in the bedrooms over the summer so we can sleep, though.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Uh-oh. I understood him. Should I be worried?
VERY!!!

I just don't "chat" or text message and all the shortened words and phrases just do not much sense. Especially when you are posting a message on an internet forum where you are in 99% of the time posting it from a computer with a full keyboard.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:33 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
The Maine Sunday Telegram today has a full page spread on the weather for 2007. Portland had five days that hit 90 degrees. The first was in May and it followed very quickly behind a 35 degree day. Air conditioners are not necessary in Maine unless you want to spend the monewy for an appliance you use very rarely.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM

10 posts, read 42,080 times
Quote:
Uh, I would consider a town that only experienced one 90+ day and four 80+ days to have winter year round, and you don't need A/C in the winter.

Maine averages what, 76F over the summer? Hardly A/C weather! How many days over the summer does it get really humid?
Like I said it depends on where you are. I live near the ocean, the freezing bay of fundy that in my area averages 52F in the summer. If you live away from the ocean
it is usually much warmer in the summer.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 AM

4 posts, read 27,680 times
Growing up in MA and then spending 21 years in Vermont, I have to say that I understand about the humidity factor. It works with the cold also. In the winter the more humid it is, the colder it feels. Where I live in Vermont, the humidity is generally very low although it seems that is changing. I have also noticed that the older I get the less tolerant I am to heat. Of course I am a woman in her 40s so that might have something to do with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine