Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 10:17 PM

222 posts, read 527,927 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the history behind 21 middle street ( large mansard). I have fallen in love with this old crumbling home and I am curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 08:07 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,961,092 times
hmmmm - I'm familiar with Middle Street - I know that there are several houses for sale on Middle - there's a Mansard at 33 Middle - but I can't visualize 21 Middle. Is it for sale? What color is it? Give a little more detail, please.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:25 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,053,427 times
I'm not sure which one it is....is it the one that's newly renovated---I think it might be pink? Is it on the corner of third and Middle? I'll look up the address....

ok, I looked it up on google maps, but if it's the new one it is not showing in the correct location, and I can't think of a Mansard that might be in the place it is showing....I'll see if I can find the listing to check which one it is

Old 01-13-2008, 08:32 AM

ok, the pink one is actually on Third St, so I'm still looking

I'm sorry I can't picture it, and all I get online is the google map that doesn't really tell me which it is....If I drive down there to pick Jake up today I'll go by!

I was thinking it might be the old VFW Hall, but the location on the map is not correct for it to be that one....

Old 01-13-2008, 01:13 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,479,990 times
The one on 3rd street, I am informed by locals is a jewel in the rough. I was told it is very structurally sound, and only needed some TLC to bring it back to its glory. In fact, even the price is reasonable. It can be viewed on the web pages of either spinnaker realty or due east. I did not want to have to do a makeover, so I didn't consider it. It has beautiful natural wood trim inside!

Old 01-13-2008, 01:20 PM

MaineMath it *is* the old VFW hall. (google evidently needs some help with some of their mapping because it's on the corner of Key and Middle!) When I was little we used to walk down there after school for Brownies. There used to be other meetings there as well, and even some dances. It was a beautiful, beautiful old building. I noticed when I drove by today that someone has converted it to residential, and I didn't know that at all! Maybe it happened last spring or summer? I have a lot of fun memories of that building. Hopefully someone has it now who is working to restore that charm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine