U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM

5,826 posts, read 8,458,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger207 View Post
Hopefully I will be able to put them out of buisiness by giving people a DRUG FREE way of living...no worries.
I'll bite. Why would you want to put a clinic of any kind out of business? The staff of the clinics would like nothing more than to have all their clients return to a drug free way of living. But in the mean time, there are patients that need intervention, counseling and medication, which is what these clinics offer to that end.

Do you know something the clinics need to know?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:23 AM

18 posts, read 40,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I'll bite. Why would you want to put a clinic of any kind out of business? The staff of the clinics would like nothing more than to have all their clients return to a drug free way of living. But in the mean time, there are patients that need intervention, counseling and medication, which is what these clinics offer to that end.

Do you know something the clinics need to know?
Are you familiar with methadone clinics?

Old 01-18-2008, 07:46 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,129,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
That's depressing...I didn't know there was methadone clinic in Calais.
If that is depressing, don't be shocked when you are looking at PI and Fort Fairfield. They are talking about one for this area as well.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:03 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,507,581 times
I've see some success with both methods of treatment--I've seen a couple of people who have used the methadone clinic successfully, and I've seen people achieve sobriety with drug free programs. As with many things, there is no clear cut way to achieve success, and much is left to the individual.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:16 AM

12,421 posts, read 2,788,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
If that is depressing, don't be shocked when you are looking at PI and Fort Fairfield. They are talking about one for this area as well.

You just can't seem to get away from them. You'd think towns would learn from others.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 AM

455 posts, read 1,087,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
You just can't seem to get away from them. You'd think towns would learn from others.
What is it you want them to learn?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM

18 posts, read 40,325 times
I'm afraid my thread has brought ill will and this was not my intention. I apologize for bringing this forum up and wish it would go away but I cannot figure out how to delete it!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:59 AM

5,826 posts, read 8,458,040 times
Quote:
Are you familiar with methadone clinics?
Not personally, no. My drug of choice is, and has always been chocolate. (So far, it's legal in all 50 states and Canada. I'm not sure about Mexico)

Tread carefully... I assure you, you don't want me to get on my soap box. You have been warned.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:08 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,129,150 times
Quote:
I'm afraid my thread has brought ill will and this was not my intention. I apologize for bringing this forum up and wish it would go away but I cannot figure out how to delete it!

No ill will at all. Don't think about how it would be better to delete the entire thing (If you want that you should read some of my older posts ). This is a good thing to get a discussion going about. It might open up new ideas and somebody might actually research a bit deeper to find out WHY there is such a dividing line in the thoughts about the clinics and how we help treat those of our number who are trying to rid themselves of the monkey on their backs known as drug addiction. I think this is a very needed and relevant thread about how and why we do what we do in the State of Maine.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:19 PM

5,969 posts, read 11,130,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Tread carefully... I assure you, you don't want me to get on my soap box. You have been warned.
<poke poke> How about now? <poke> I want to hear what you have to say. I'm sure it's important and that you've put a lot of thought into this subject. You don't seemed to me to be the kind of woman who flies off the handle or becomes insulting. I see no reason to hold back if you have a strong opinion on an important subject. I might learn something. I'm going out to T's bball game in J-B soon. I'll look in to see if you've climbed up when I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine