U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 PM

9,525 posts, read 14,317,996 times

Advertisements

"think it was the discovery channel, that featured 2-3 men that went camping in the kathadin area and was supposedly abducted when they were in a canoe."

- - -

Those 3 guys in a canoe had eaten some of those funny mushrooms when they went on their trip.

UFOs don't come to Maine. It's much more fun to buzz Arkansas, Georgia and New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM

17,181 posts, read 22,217,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i have never seen a u.f.o in all my 4? years.
but once a month my wife turns into a compleat stranger for about a week.
not the woman i merried i think she's an ailean.
thats close encounters of the pms kind.. an unknown lifeform that turns a sweet woman into the "thing"

Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM

9,525 posts, read 14,317,996 times
Those are not hot flashes. Those are "power surges".

Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM

18 posts, read 40,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Just heard a great story on NPR's All Things Considered, regarding a huge UFO seen this week by dozens of citizens of a town in Texas. (Anyone heard from Elcarim lately ??!!)

"Steve Allen, a 50-year-old pilot, was at a campfire with friends and says the object was a mile long and half a mile wide. 'I don't know if it was a biblical experience or somebody from a different universe or whatever but it was definitely not from around these parts'..."

But anyways, I was just wondering if there are such "visits" by extra terrestials to Maine. Inquiring minds want to know...

NPR : UFO Sightings Stream In from Texas Townsfolk

ABC News: UFO Sightings in Stephenville, Texas
I'm wondering was his camp fire by a cow field? Were their mushrooms growing? Was he on a vision quest? Questions I ponder while I'm suppossed to be working.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 AM

5,054 posts, read 10,938,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Those are not hot flashes. Those are "power surges".
Nice! Thanks!!! DH calls me "passionate" sometimes. I don't think his definition is the same as mine.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:53 AM

5,498 posts, read 6,439,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Nice! Thanks!!! DH calls me "passionate" sometimes. I don't think his definition is the same as mine.
LOL, all fired-up? One week a month I can handle, every day for eight years is starting to get a little old.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 AM

406 posts, read 1,490,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Because Rocket Scientists and Atomic Physicists don't sit around drinking warm Naragansett beer and smoking big ol' "fat ones" around a campfire trying to spook each other with stories about Scientists and Physicists who were abducted by aliens.
LOL!

Personally I'm working on becoming one of your type of UFO's...
(one too many whoopie pies)

Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,519,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodder View Post
LOL!

Personally I'm working on becoming one of your type of UFO's...
(one too many whoopie pies)
I can relate! I haven't been going to the gym ......and that's not a good thing

Old 01-17-2008, 09:24 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,519,104 times
oh, I was going to say something else....

when I was 12 or so one of my best friends and I were outside his house. We'd all been playing wiffle ball and everyone else had gone home. We looked up and saw this big dark thing low in the sky--it was freaky, almost cloud like. We lost sight of it because of some trees, and ran to another spot, but it was completely gone. We never knew what it was, and neither of us ever forgot it. He's in the Air Force now, some big-wig way past Major, and sometimes I wonder if NOW he knows what it might be but can't tell me!!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 AM

38,448 posts, read 18,207,593 times
Molly that sounds like the start of a Steven King novel. Sorta like the kids in "IT" (if that was the name of the novel with the kids who all saw "something" in their small town in Maine. Whooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! heart goes thump thump k-thump and hair raises on back on neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or