U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:45 PM

7,395 posts, read 11,510,961 times

Advertisements

woo hoo Corgis!! I can't wait to meet you! When I was a little girl I used to cut through your yard from the house I grew up in on Key Street to go to the IGA--the old IGA (Now the antique store, and before that the pharmacy....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM

2,052 posts, read 3,973,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
another fantastic thing about Eastport.....

Rayes Old Fashioned Gourmet Mustard
Rayes is for sale.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:24 AM

4,112 posts, read 5,726,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
May 25th is my target date to be in the house in Eastport.
You lucky duck. I can retire with full benefits at 55 or 15 years of service. March 6, 2021!!! So just a little ways behind!!

Old 01-20-2008, 06:31 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,549,623 times
Molly - I remember when it was still the pharmacy - Yep, it would be a straight shot from our front yard to Havey and Wilson. At least it was before Ron Spinney built that 3 car garage across the street.

Raye's is for sale???? You do mean their product and not their business, I hope.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:02 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,510,961 times
yeah dmyankee it would be fun to hear where YOU heard that little tidbit!

Before the Spinneys owned the house it was owned by a little old lady. The entire property was open, no garages or fences of any sort. We used to walk through her yard in the driveway--which was along the property on the museum side. There was a great row of bushes between her house and the museum. She had an enclosed porch along the driveway, and she used to collect colored glass bottles. She'd put them on clear glass shelves set into the window frames, and when the sunlight caught them they were beautiful! Sometimes when she saw us cutting through on an errand for our parents she'd call out and ask us if we'd pick something up for her. We loved it when she did this, because she would often give us a dime, or even a quarter for the errand Then we'd head for the Follis' candy store down on Boynton or Hughies store, at the corner of Chapel and Key!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:12 AM

3,094 posts, read 5,422,768 times
Where's the bookstore in Eastport? My in-laws live there in the summer and we see them almost every weekend. I love to read books at the camp and since the bookstore closed in Calais, not the current bookstore, there has'nt been many choices save for wal-mart.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:18 AM

5,054 posts, read 10,931,400 times
I buy all my books online at half.com. I've gotten some great deals on slightly used books that really look like new.

I ordered 3 Sarah Graves books yesterday for a total of $9.74 including shipping.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM

369 posts, read 1,469,474 times
Hello all. Sorry to kinda hi-jack the thread from the original poster. But...I currently reside in Baton Rouge, Louisiana year-round, and the older I get the more unbearable the summer heat gets over here. I would like to find a place where I could acquire a cottage someplace just outside of town or something similar, to spend the summer months. I am semi-retired but I plan to be fully retired no later than two years from now and the missus works out of the home so employment oppertunities don't matter. I would like all of the amenities that were listed at the beginning. One thing is that I don't want a place that is dedicated to nothing but the tourist trade during the summer. Are there any places I should avoid. You know, places where they don't really welcome outsiders. Any feedback is good feedback. Thanks in advance. Hopefully since this criteria is not to far off from what the person who started the thread wanted, I won't get it too off track.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 AM

369 posts, read 1,469,474 times
I love how everytime I post in a thread it ends up on the second page lol. I didn't mention it last night in my first post but I do plan on having a vehicle up there, so walkability isn't a huge issue, but it would be nice to have a walkable downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine