Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 PM

323 posts, read 992,691 times

Advertisements

So sorry Molly, your in my prayers-

Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,083 times
I am so terribly sorry for your loss Molly. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:03 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Default Hello Mollysmiles!

THANK YOU for keeping us posted!

What has happened makes no sense! And its truly sad!

My condolences to you & the rest of the people that loved him.

I hope that you are able to find some PEACE in knowing that so many people

care about you.

We are praying for him, and the loved ones he left behind.

Take good care of yourself,

We are all thinking and praying for you,

PEACE,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Thank you for your words. I'm trying to do the best I can, but I have to admit I'm really struggling. Most of you know about the horrible crime in Machias very early Wednesday morning. The man that was murdered was one of my very dear best friends. We grew up together, and he was just like a brother to me. We spent a lot of time together, and he was my best Jeep and geocaching partner. We are part of a big group, 12 of us in all plus kids--DeerIsle Smile even saw us in her neck of the woods over last Memorial Day weekend. One of the most difficult parts in all of this has been not saying anything due to the ongoing investigation, but knowing that some of the things the killer said was not at all true. It's heartbreaking for all of us, especially his girlfriend. I've lost both of my parents and my sister, but I have to say that losing someone due to an act of violence brings an entirely different set of emotions to the table. We've received condolences from the world over--fellow geocachers, Jeepers, and LEOs, as well as friends in real life and online. He had a very large circle and touched many lives, and one of the reasons he was so loved was partly the reason he was killed--he would always come to help when one of his friends was in trouble.

Thank you for all your notes, I appreciate it.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:27 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
It is so sad and I pray Miss Molly has peace.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM

612 posts, read 1,215,907 times
No amount of darkness can hide a spark of light.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:36 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Molly - you are in our prayers.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,874,924 times
OMGosh, I haven't read the Bangor paper online for a week or so. Guess I'd better get caught up.

Molly, I'm so sorry for the tragic and senseless loss of your friend. I hope the many good memories you have of your years together will give you some peace in the days and weeks ahead.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Thanks everyone....I really appreciate all the well wishes and prayers. We are struggling--he was not brought up by his mother, or his father, they had no involvement in his life whatsoever. And unfortunately although his financial advisor had repeatedly talked to him about a will, he did not have one. He was raised by his grandparents, who are both gone now, and had quite an inheritance. Unfortunately, as many of you know, this brings out the worst in people, and it has done just that. The obituary that I was writing will not be published, the mother would not allow it to go to print because it was not written by her, and of course was filled with things she knew nothing about. They (his uninvolved parents) also wrote in the obituary that per his "request there will be no services". Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. We (friends, but also aunts and cousins with whom he was very close) are not even being told the burial arrangements, and when one of us called tonight to check on that--asking politely and certainly not causing trouble of any sort--we received a call back from the PD with a warning regarding phone harassment. Which, frankly, provided more comic relief than anything considering who all of us are and what we do! I'm sure you can understand how much worse this makes everything! And coming from a family where I've never in my life seen anything like this behavior, it's been an incredible shock.

So, this past Sunday at a Maine Geocachers Event (wow, it was only yesterday and it seems like a week ago) there was a brief moment of silence and the opportunity to share stories....along with a trademark Eartha marble from DeLorme that was his signature caching item being retrieved from an Augusta area cache and being sent to his fiancee. We also know that those cache marbles are about to become rare collectors items among cachers, and we've gotten many, many touching notes from fellow geocachers. The local paper has caught wind of what is happening as far as his wishes not being followed, and has offered a full page for "tributes from friends", and that of course gives us the opportunity to announce a service that LEOs and Veterans will be able to attend in an official capacity, and we can announce to the community that something indeed is taking place in the way in which he would want. I've been very, very busy between all of this and the attorney, so I know that when it all settles down (late next Monday) it's really going to be difficult. Being busy is good, but it also gives you a chance to put off the grieving for hours at a time. Eventually it all catches up to you again.

So thank you for being here--it means a lot to me. And thanks for letting me vent a bit too. The lesson for me in all of this is to get my will updated and make some changes to my financial portfolio---and not to put it off any longer.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
Prayers out for Molly, his fiance and friends. Let us know when and where that gathering will take place. Maybe a few of us can come.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Prayers out for Molly, his fiance and friends. Let us know when and where that gathering will take place. Maybe a few of us can come.
Amen to that. It is true, unfortunately, that the same situations that bring out the best in us, bring out the worst in some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine