Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times

Advertisements

And Now For Something Completely Different... When I was looking on the web for a photo of a goat cart for AliceT I found postcards of this gentleman for sale on eBay, and became interested in his story. Forest... In your goat husbandry, have you ever heard of Ches McCartney, the "Goat Man"?

Ches McCartney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Goat Man, America's Legend

The Goat Man, Chess McCartney

Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Seems the flu is no respector of persons, climate or state boundaries! It's running rampant here, and I talked to a lady in Washington state tonight who's also down with it. Yucky stuff!

I talked with SantaFeSisters today. She's still struggling with that eye - you know, the one she should be seeing perfectly out of now.....she's going back tomorrow to see why it's not healing properly. She's still blurry and sensitive to the light, and she is missing being able to catch up with us. I told her about elston's house deal in the works and impending trip East, and she was thrilled. I tried to catch her up on the few things I've been able to keep up with myself this week.

Speaking of myself, I got some good news today. I can now stop taking the injectables and only need two tiny pills a day for a while. I go back to the doctor on the 26th for another checkup and more bloodwork to make sure my Coumadin levels are stabalized. Then, I should be good until the 6 month mark when I come off the meds and get retested thoroughly. Here's hoping that will be the LAST of this experience!!

As SantaFeSisters declared today, "I'm too young for this!!!"

Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM

380 posts, read 1,178,189 times
Great to hear no more needles for you El! How are you feeling?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Hey there! It's up and down. I'm still dealing with fatigue off and on, and I've had a little nausea. There are a lot of nasty side effects with the Coumadin, so if those are the only ones I end up with, I'll live with it! Now, if my hair starts falling out, Katy bar the door!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
My Deah El!! So good to see you post! There are some foods you have to avoid while taking Coumadin, I just thought I'd mention it though, I'm sure you already know. I hope SanteFeSis is better soon. It's just too quiet here without You and Molly. You're right, you are too young for this! I'm thrilled to pieces for Elston of course and, for "My Sister" Starwalker. What a great family here!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:03 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
My Deah El!! So good to see you post! There are some foods you have to avoid while taking Coumadin, I just thought I'd mention it though, I'm sure you already know. I hope SanteFeSis is better soon. It's just too quiet here without You and Molly. You're right, you are too young for this! I'm thrilled to pieces for Elston of course and, for "My Sister" Starwalker. What a great family here!
I am no longer an only child! Woo Hoo!! <g>

Sorry to hear about SantaFe... I hope the doc can give her some good news. and it's great, El that things are progressing so well...

Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Just got a note from SantaFeSisters. She had cataract surgery the other day, and isn't able to focus enough just yet. She wanted me to say hi to "friends" and let you know why she's disappeared. She should be back in a couple of days. She's feeling much better today, but says the light still hurts her eye.

Get better soon! We miss you!!
I had missed this in all my personal business!

Hey, Sister...I hope that you are feeling and seeing much better by now! I miss seeing you and reading your up beat posts in our forum. Be Well and may everything you see, be beautiful and be worthy!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 AM

48,110 posts, read 21,992,097 times
"Down East" has a 3 minute video about Tony's Donut Shop in Portland. Maine Videos - Maine if I did it right, here's the link.

Do you all know that the donut was invented in Camden/Rockport Maine?!???
The video features the Molasses Donut! (Didn't hear them mention my fav. Squash Donuts!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 AM

380 posts, read 1,178,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
"Down East" has a 3 minute video about Tony's Donut Shop in Portland. Maine Videos - Maine if I did it right, here's the link.

Do you all know that the donut was invented in Camden/Rockport Maine?!???
The video features the Molasses Donut! (Didn't hear them mention my fav. Squash Donuts!
I couldn't view the video - something about "system maintenance", but am I reading correctly? A squash donut? If I eat it, can I call that one of my daily servings of veggies? Ok, I'm adding Tony's to the list of places I must go on my upcoming trip. I'm going to take a half dozen for the road. Even a stale donut is good if it was a quality donut to begin with. People go nuts over Krispy Kreme, but I'd prefer a Mom & Pop apple cider, sour cream, or molasses donut any day.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
I couldn't view the video - something about "system maintenance", but am I reading correctly? A squash donut? If I eat it, can I call that one of my daily servings of veggies? Ok, I'm adding Tony's to the list of places I must go on my upcoming trip. I'm going to take a half dozen for the road. Even a stale donut is good if it was a quality donut to begin with. People go nuts over Krispy Kreme, but I'd prefer a Mom & Pop apple cider, sour cream, or molasses donut any day.
HEY....if we can count it as Veggies.....I in!!!! I love the old fashion mom and pop donuts. I haven't had a good donut other than the ones I make since we came to Florida. I am stopping at Tony's on my way through for sure. I have been dying to try the Squash ones Elston talks about for weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine