Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
... Oh but quietwalker, it could have been worse. One of US could have been the tipsy fool with a burning gum wrapper on our forehead in public. ...
I hate it when that happens!!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM

455 posts, read 1,228,601 times
Default off topic again

The DH is so excited. Rhonda, Randy called and offered part time until the business picks up and signs is the DH's favorite thing in the world. He is so excited he can't even sit still. Thank you again for all your help, you are a sweet, sweet lady.

Everyone else...... Postive thoughts WORK !!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,424,366 times
Congrats Abby!!!

This fine Monday remembering to be as off topic as humanly possible, as this is the Off Topic Thread, anyone care to dance?

YouTube - Strictly Shag - 2007 US Open Swing Dance Championships
or we can always dance with Mr. Bean!!

YouTube - Mr. Bean Dance

Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
I get such a kick out of Mr. Bean.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,390,639 times
Default Silly off-topic question....

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

So sorry about that. Back to a more Maine related post is that my sister is flying tomorrow from Sacramento back to Dover Foxcroft. She's been here a couple weeks. She's going to fix a room upstairs in our old house back there for me as I plan to head out soon and drive 'across the way' visiting family as I go. She had a great time out here and hasn't visited in over 2 years. She lived out here for over 30 years prior to that. But she considers Maine her home now and has really enjoyed her new surroundings in Maine. When she goes a couple miles to the store in Maine, she has hills and views. When I go a couple miles to the store, I get stop signs and lights and no views. It did take her a couple seasons to acclimate to Maine but has it under control now. The Maine psyche is firmly ingrained. She has a wider vocabulary than I remember, mostly involved with the weather, energy use and recycling. She has a lot to get back to. She misses her two new little miniature schnauzers named Catie and Cubby more than she ever thought. And many other things too. She is much more active in Maine and has lots of family around too.

The last time I took off from Sac to Dover and not fly was in Jun/Jul '06 when I experienced 100 degree temps on my motorcycle. This time, I'm driving a car and my problem this time is the "heated" gas prices. I think I'll be using cruise control a lot and keeping my speed down a little. I hope to be able to spend more time in Maine this spring and summer. There is much I can do to help around the old house and property. When I get to Dover, my sis and I are going to buy a utility vehicle for the ITS trail and for use in some small jobs around the property there which includes a 20 acre gravel pit, 40 acres of wetlands, a 7 acre lot near the road and my brother's 15 adjoining acres. I know I'll be frequenting the farmers markets, my uncles vegetable farm in Norridgewock and many eating establishments. The food and menu's and offerings are just so different out there. You have more to offer with sandwiches, seafood and pizza, just to name a few. It's really too good. I'm gonna have to watch my weight some.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

And "Baa Baa Black Sheep"

Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star are the same, but Baa, Baa Black Sheep is just a little different.

Alphabet: do, do, fa, fa, so, so, fa...
Twinkle: do, do, fa, fa, so, so, fa...
Baa-baa: do, do, fa, fa, so, so, so, so, fa...

And, just to stay on off-topic for Maine, the twinkling stars and baaing sheep are so special in Maine!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:56 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbymoulton View Post
The DH is so excited. Rhonda, Randy called and offered part time until the business picks up and signs is the DH's favorite thing in the world. He is so excited he can't even sit still. Thank you again for all your help, you are a sweet, sweet lady.

Everyone else...... Postive thoughts WORK !!!!!!!!

Abby!!!! I'm so excited for you both, he hasn't called me yet to tell me. I'm thrilled and happy to have helped. Family is a wonderful thing~

Old 03-31-2008, 08:23 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,540,190 times
Fair warning: I'm going to whine. You might want to cover your eyes as you scroll by.

It's snowing. The roads are terrible. A normally 35 minute drive took me an hour. The DOT truck barely had the blade down and wasn't dropping sand. When I left for volleyball at 6:30 pm we had a half inch of new snow. At 10 pm we have 3 1/2" and it's not slowing. I saw something so sad this morning that it's still bothering. Three deer were hit apparently all at once. They'd been moved to the side of the road. A fourth deer was standing on a snow bank looking at them. I love snow normally but this sincerely sucks. That deer was bone thin. It probably would have been better off if it had been hit too rather than continue starving to death. Enough already. Tomorrow is April 1. Can't someone make this stop? Please?

End of whine. You may open your eyes now.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,463,517 times
Robin, that's horrible! I'm so sorry you had to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine