Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,171,632 times

Advertisements

WOOHOOO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!

ITS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

I hope that she is able to start right away

That is a GREAT school!!!

I am looking forward to seeing her on the FOOD CHANNEL in the near future!

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!! :0)

My best of wishes to you & your family!

GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL!

Take care,

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ok.....here's one for mixed emotions.....

My oldest daughter, well, *oldest* actually!, is graduating from high school on June 8. She has been an average student, and since mid-winter the plan has been to go to either University of Maine at Machias, or the community college, for her first year out of high school. This way she could take her time, see if she liked college, and live at home. She's got an amazing eye when it comes to photography, but hasn't been exactly sure which direction to take that. She just really hadn't found her passion. This year she took Culinary Arts just to sort of fill her senior year schedule, and has LOVED it. She just really seems to have a passion and a talent for it.....so, on a whim, she applied to Johnson & Wales. In a matter of minutes I've gone from completely expecting her to be home another year to planning a trip to Rhode Island to visit the campus and making lists for scholarship opps (very late ones!!).......She got her acceptance letter last week, and this is the first time I've even really been able to think about it at length without getting teary! I think I would have been fine if I hadn't adjusted to the idea of her being home another year....she was even supposed to help out with the Varsity Cheering Squad and the community theater wants her too! There is a chance she won't be able to go....we absolutely can't pull off the tuition and other costs without financial aid and scholarships (can you say $30K/year??), so she may defer her acceptance a year, BUT we also have discovered some resources for help with that....

I know this had to come sooner or later. And I am very, very happy and proud. Like I said though, I really did think she'd be here another year, and I'd definitely gotten to the point of being happy about it. I'm just trying to reconcile it all! Thanks for letting me vent......

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-21-2008 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL MISS MOLLY! :0) DREAMS COME TRUE! :0) PEACE EVERYONE!

Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,431,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Thanks you guys!

Now I have a question....where is Peachie? I've not posted much here for a few days, but I definitely notice her absence! She's not the only one either that isn't around much.....did the black flies lug everyone off? Although that can't be your excuse Quiet Walker!
I haven't heard from Peachie! Hopefully the Nook & Cranny has just been jammed packed with hungry people and she's been right out straight!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,330,468 times
After a long illness, we lost our dog today. Ceaser had been in and out of the vets for months. We brought him in for an evaluation today and his vet said it was time. He passed away in my arms. He was my constant companion.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,573,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
After a long illness, we lost our dog today. Ceaser had been in and out of the vets for months. We brought him in for an evaluation today and his vet said it was time. He passed away in my arms. He was my constant companion.
So sorry msina....You must be very heart broken. Time will mend the wound in your heart...your memories will always make you smile. Chin Up Cuz!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM

47,862 posts, read 21,884,067 times
My sincere condolences, msina; the difference in age spans for humans and our beloved pets .... well it is hard to let go and say "god be with you". Caesar and you were both "lucky dogs" to have had one another.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM

16,591 posts, read 15,520,008 times
I guess you all know how sincere the condolences are from this household. This leaves a big hole in your life. We're really sorry msina.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,160,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know how hard that can be. I have a great buddy "Patrick" the cat who will be 18yo this July. He follows me all around the house and if you call him he comes running - very uncatlike. He's still very healthy and I cherish him more now because I know he won't be around forever. I'm sure your Ceaser had a very happy life.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:15 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
msina I'm so sorry. Please take care and know that we're thinking of you. I know that it will be difficult, especially these next few days, but time will help.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,627,496 times
MSINA, K and I both are sorry to hear this news. We both enjoyed him when we visited. He was, indeed, a good little dog and I, too, will miss him at my feet under your kitchen table.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,431,212 times
msina, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Ceaser will both be in my prayers.
Please take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine