U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,134,540 times

Advertisements

lol You've got a ladies' man already! It's nice that Mom got the beautiful flowers! My daughter hangs out with six other girls and one guy. He's the coolest kid.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,141,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
It's nice that Mom got the beautiful flowers!

With 4 little boys and 1 big boy in the house she is vastly outnumbered, so I make sure the boys know that Mom is NOT just one of the guys and that she likes to be treated to "girly" things. They are always bringing her flowers they find, or we go to the flower shop to pick out. I think I have the only 4 boys in Aroostook County that actually ASK to go into the Bath and Body shop when I take them to the mall in Presque Isle because they want to get something pretty for Mom. I couldn't be prouder of them.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 AM

2,712 posts, read 4,915,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
With 4 little boys and 1 big boy in the house she is vastly outnumbered, so I make sure the boys know that Mom is NOT just one of the guys and that she likes to be treated to "girly" things. They are always bringing her flowers they find, or we go to the flower shop to pick out. I think I have the only 4 boys in Aroostook County that actually ASK to go into the Bath and Body shop when I take them to the mall in Presque Isle because they want to get something pretty for Mom. I couldn't be prouder of them.
I think they got some good training from their dad! Kudos to you all!!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 11,134,540 times
More dads should be like you!

Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,164,573 times
This mom of daughters thanks you!
Your boys will turn out to be wonderful partners someday since you taught them to treat a female with respect.
Good job- wish more dads would take the time you have taken.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM

7,395 posts, read 11,510,961 times
Scott we talked about what a great Dad you are at lunch today ("we" being Maine Writer, Peachie, Corgis, and I) We mentioned that one of the very best things is that with the boys being brought up this way they will treat their girlfriends, wives, and daughters with the same thoughtfulness....and teach their sons what they have learned. They are very blessed to have you for a Dad

Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 PM

12,084 posts, read 33,141,404 times
Thanks everybody, but really no biggie. Just passing on what I was taught by my Father.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,929,945 times
Talking Hello BYDAND! I Am Impressed!

GREAT POSTS BYDAND!

You have done an AMAZING JOB as a FATHER!!!KUDOS TO YOU!

Your boys sound like such a BLESSING!!If I had daughters, I would want

them to meet your boys!! But I do have other relatives that are being

brought up the same way! And I PRAY that one day they will meet a boy

like one of your boys!(LETS KEEP IN TOUCH BYDANDAND DO SOME

MATCH MAKING IN THE FUTURE!LOL!)

I wish that more PARENTS, would do what you & your wife have done with

your sons, because it is so HARD to find men that are like your little boys!

They seem so THOUGHTFUL, CARING, KIND! The only times I have

come across someone like your boys, I have been related to them

(as in my Father, Uncles, Cousins, Brothers,Grand Father etc.)

KUDOS TO YOU & YOUR WIFE FOR BRINGING THEM UP THE RIGHT WAY!

You are doing them a GREAT FAVORYOU ARE ALSO HELPING OUT THEIR

FUTURE WIVES GIRLFRIENDSTHEY WILL BENEFIT FROM HEALTHY

& HAPPY RELATIONSHIPS IN THE FUTURE!!!

I am HAPPY to read that there are some boys being brought up

in such an AMAZING way!!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

YOU HAVE TAUGHT THEM WELL!YOU HAVE TAUGHT THEM TO REALLY

LOVE, RESPECT, CARE ABOUT WOMEN!!! GREAT JOB!!

I am really touched by reading about your boys, it gives me some HOPE!!

Take care

Have a GREAT week everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-03-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0)ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY!:0):0)PEACE & BLESSINGS EVERYONE!:0):0)

Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM

1,698 posts, read 2,903,658 times
Quote:
Thanks everybody, but really no biggie. Just passing on what I was taught by my Father.
It really is. Your "raising good men to be." That's what our world needs.
Very nice.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:36 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,903,658 times
On this end of Maine, my DH is surrounded by little women.
He except his fresh picked flowers and dandylion chain necklace with a thankful praise.
Live among the hair clips and body sprays, and in return our girls can check their oil and change a tire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine