U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 06:28 AM

4,112 posts, read 5,727,110 times

Advertisements

I just did an album on my profile... did I mention yet that I LOVE our new CD features!

Old 06-08-2008, 06:49 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,123,114 times
I guess I must be dumb as a post, but where is all this new stuff located? I haven't seen much about it yet....

Old 06-09-2008, 07:18 AM

1,698 posts, read 2,904,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
our little girl's the same way tea party's with dad and works on her own bike.
as for the for boys well they dont mess with her.she might be a girl but she can still hold her own.i have raised my boys to never hit a girl but for some reason they dont see her as a girl.
hehe..
You know what happened last week.

Our niece (my husbands brothers daughter) her and her boyfriend we're travel to Nova Scotia and then heading home to Ontario and then on the road again to BC.

So, they both stopped to visit us, and then 4 hours later, on there way they went.

At 2am they called our house and DH answered the phone. It was her, and they had a flat tire. They didn't know what to do. So he told her where the tire would be in the van and that the crank jack should also be there with it.

Well she said okay... and the next day, DH called his brother.

I guess the boyfriend called his dad in Ontario, he called a tow truck to change the tire for them.

These young adults from the city, just hadn't been exposed to changing a tire by them selves. They couldn't open the area up where the tire was, so they called for services to do it at 2 am.

Steve was so thrown by that. He thought.. if that was our girls they would of shoved those boyfriends out of the way and took care of the situation.
I half smiled and said, yeah... you created some independent little women.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:57 AM

12,084 posts, read 33,148,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I just did an album on my profile... did I mention yet that I LOVE our new CD features!
That is kind of cool. Been playing around with it a bit this morning. First one looked like it was designed by Salvador Dali on a bad day with the colors. This one is better, but still "off" somehow.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 AM

2,712 posts, read 4,916,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Steve was so thrown by that. He thought.. if that was our girls they would of shoved those boyfriends out of the way and took care of the situation.
I half smiled and said, yeah... you created some independent little women.
Sounds like my girls! We had auto shop in our home school, mostly taught by Mom. They all had to be "signed off" on a number of things before graduation, including: changing oil, filter, spark plugs and wires (old cars... ), changing a tire and correctly diagnosing a problem that required a professional mechanic. They all did it, including #3 daughter, who was so gung-ho at age 12 she insisted on getting her tire change signed off at that young age. Now, mind you she was well under 98 lbs in snow gear AND dripping wet! LOL and it was on a cold winter day in WA that we got the tire she elected to change.

We got LOTS of strange looks, glares and I honestly expected Child Protection Services to pay us a visit, as the whole family was along on that trip, and standing around outside watching Tali, and cheering her on as she put ALL her weight into jumping on the tire iron to loosen the lug nuts (a trick she learned from Mom in the days when there was a bit less of me <g>).

She did it, despite the tires weighing more than she did, I think. And she got most of her suggestions as to how to do it without being "big enough" from her two older sisters (14 and 16).

And you are right about them telling the guys to get out of the way... I know my eldest did several times to her husband, who was quite a bright fellow but knew less than nothing about auto mechanics.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,136,966 times
Default Unexpected visitors

I thought I robbed all the nests. Obviously not. I'm not prepared for them so I put four bales of mulch hay together to make a pen. It'll do for today. I've chased these guys through 2' tall grass, been threatened by their mother and even had one running through the house when I forgot to secure the window down on the incubator and stuck one in there to keep track of it. They've been a royal pain in the hiney today but aren't they cute!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM

323 posts, read 859,715 times
Just thought I'd bring the off topic thread back to the first page! Just wanted to say hello and I still enjoy reading all your posts! How is Elcarim? I haven't seen much news about their move. My internet stinks out here now and it's slower so getting on is a little harder but hope all is well with everyone and the weather is great!!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:20 PM

12,084 posts, read 33,148,283 times
I know what you mean about slow internet. I was sweating bullets when we were looking at houses way out of town and I was going to have to go back to the dreaded dial-up. Ended up the house we were looking for was right in town on 1/2 an acre with 16 Mb/sec internet right there. Woo Hoo, I'll be flying around the forums starting the 24th. Plus a brand spanking new phone number that has never been issued before so no annoying calls from bill collectors looking for Denny Deadbeat at a recycled number.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,113,010 times
Angelina Jolie is one beautiful woman!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,113,010 times
Halle Barry is one beautiful woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine