Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 08:22 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
Huh? any idea as to their reasoning for this one?
Without a clear diagnosis of a disorder supplements will not be prescribed.

Most disorders which could 'need' a supplement are dis-qualifying from submarine service, and in most cases once a man is a submariner if something happens to dis-qualify him, the system will discharge him from the military.

In a few cases dis-qualifying from subs he can be worked to allow the sailor to go the the target fleet [but it is rare].

So if you really think that you have something that only a supplement can treat, the common end result is that you will be discharged.

Men have taken herbs and supplements in 'secret', but it is never worth it. We are guinea pigs and subject to a lot of testing. Any bad reactions from untested herbs results in discharge. Anything that shows up on routine urinalysis or blood testing results in discharge. Included in among our security clearances is a program called PRP [Personnel Reliability Program] under this program any personality changes can result in discharge or prison.

We have a lot of restrictions onboard: some soaps are not allowed, most toothpastes are not allowed, no deodorants, no antiperspirants, no perfumes, no glowing wristwatches, etc.

Quote:
... Very interesting. Did it take you long to to re-acclimate to a 24 hour schedule when you surfaced again?
a few days to a week.

I did it for a number of years.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am still wondering about why the crew on board a submarine don't seem to be effected by it????????????????????????????
They do get a lot more sleep.

Sleep makes up for a lot of other problems.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Do submarine crews sleep more hours in 24 hours during an 18 hour schedule than they do on land?
Yes

Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Hey Mollysmiles,...

Old 01-27-2008, 03:49 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Yep! It's sure not as much as fun around here without our Molly!!

I guess my mind was skipping when I originally posted this! I just re-read it and realized I left out a couple of pertinent words.

Anyway, I'll be SO glad when you're feeling better and able to rejoin our happy family! We do miss you terribly!!

Last edited by Elcarim; 01-27-2008 at 04:21 PM..

Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 PM

612 posts, read 1,216,333 times
Me too Molly...

My heart is reaching out to you,
For what you’re going through;
I’m thinking of you frequently
And praying for you, too.
If there’s something I can do,
Anything at all,
Think of me thinking of you,
And don’t hesitate to call

Last edited by Eastport4me; 01-27-2008 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: remove font

Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Thumbs up HELLO MEnME!! THANK YOU!

EXCELLENT POST MEnME!!

YOU SAID IT BEST!!

I am so sorry Miss MOLLY for everything

that is taking place in your life right now.

I am also sending you my thoughts & prayers!!

FEEL BETTER & COME BACK SOON, WE ALL MISS YOU SO!!

Take good care,

PEACE,

COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
Me too Molly...

My heart is reaching out to you,
For what you’re going through;
I’m thinking of you frequently
And praying for you, too.
If there’s something I can do,
Anything at all,
Think of me thinking of you,
And don’t hesitate to call

Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Default Hi everyone...

Thank you for your words. I'm trying to do the best I can, but I have to admit I'm really struggling. Most of you know about the horrible crime in Machias very early Wednesday morning. The man that was murdered was one of my very dear best friends. We grew up together, and he was just like a brother to me. We spent a lot of time together, and he was my best Jeep and geocaching partner. We are part of a big group, 12 of us in all plus kids--DeerIsle Smile even saw us in her neck of the woods over last Memorial Day weekend. One of the most difficult parts in all of this has been not saying anything due to the ongoing investigation, but knowing that some of the things the killer said was not at all true. It's heartbreaking for all of us, especially his girlfriend. I've lost both of my parents and my sister, but I have to say that losing someone due to an act of violence brings an entirely different set of emotions to the table. We've received condolences from the world over--fellow geocachers, Jeepers, and LEOs, as well as friends in real life and online. He had a very large circle and touched many lives, and one of the reasons he was so loved was partly the reason he was killed--he would always come to help when one of his friends was in trouble.

Thank you for all your notes, I appreciate it.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 PM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Mollysmiles, I am sincerely sorry for your loss. As you say, death is hard to accept and deal with, but death associated with violence....it is so much harder. May you find peace in your memories of the good times you had together and with the gentle passing of time.

It is good to see you, even briefly on line. As you know everyone is thinking of you and holding you in their prayerful thoughts.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:13 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times
Molly - I had the opportunity to meet Aaron a couple of times in the past few years, I read what happened in the Bangor paper, I am so very sorry, it was sensless and stupid and I hate that it happened. I'll be here for you when you want to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine