U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 05:17 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,144,672 times

Advertisements

MW, I'm so sorry for your loss. Much strength to you as you speak of your dear friend.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,144,672 times
I got a negative rep once. It was on the WI board. Imagine that

I was able to get it removed.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM

12,084 posts, read 33,134,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Must be going around! I thought you could not give negative reps simply because you disagree with the poster's opinion.

Not supposed to, but I really don't mind. Kind of deserved it, I DID call them a troll.

GLAD, to see you back here El. I knew how that could go with the wife being a nurse and one of my friends going through that same thing a few years ago. You were in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,928,995 times
Default Hello Maine Writer!

"BLESSED ARE THEY WHO MOURN,

FOR THEY WILL BE COMFORTED"!!!

I am so sorry for your loss "MAINE WRITER"

Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers!

POSITIVE THOUGHTS GOING YOUR WAY FOR THIS TOUGH WEEK COMING UP!!

Hang in there! You will be fine!! You are not alone!!

Take good care,

PEACE,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I could use some positive thoughts. A very dear friend was killed in a logging accident Thursday. That's tough enough. He was a man I greatly admired. His funeral is tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

This is a tough week for me. My mum died 10 years ago Friday of this week. Since Mum's funeral I've been to only four others, both of my grandmothers and a good friends' mothers. My mother's was horrible. Beautiful of course, but horrible. It's all I can do to get through a funeral now. There's the back ground.

I wrote something in my blog about the man who was killed. Not in a million years did I think someone in his family would read it but she did. As a result of that it was passed through the family. I wasn't going to the funeral. I'll visit with his wife after. When I got home yesterday I had a message from a son-in-law asking me to speak at the funeral. I'm going to get myself together ahead of time and do it. I loved this man like a grandfather. I'm trying to keep my head up on this one. All of my dressy clothes are too big now so I went to my sister's last night to borrow a suit (she hasn't even worn yet). Everything's ready but my head. If you could send some positive thoughts and energy my way tomorrow I'll appreciate it a lot.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:53 PM

380 posts, read 1,040,044 times
Responses to a few different posts:

Maine Writer, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you strength during this difficult time. It has been a rough couple of weeks for lots of Maine CD'ers. Let's hope there are many better weeks to come.

Elcarim, welcome back! You've been missed by many.

Elston, I gave my two pups "pets and treats" from you. They smiled and wagged their tails. Thanks for the kind words. Oh, by the way, you're in San Diego, right? I was born in San Diego. My family moved when I was 6 (in 1979), as they wanted to get away from the sprawl, crime, smog. It's a nice place to visit, but I see why you're ready for the move. Perfect warm weather can get really boring.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Not supposed to, but I really don't mind. Kind of deserved it, I DID call them a troll.
Bydand, he deserved it! You wrote what we were all thinking.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 PM

38,424 posts, read 18,180,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMar View Post
Responses to a few different posts:

Maine Writer, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you strength during this difficult time. It has been a rough couple of weeks for lots of Maine CD'ers. Let's hope there are many better weeks to come.

Elcarim, welcome back! You've been missed by many.

Elston, I gave my two pups "pets and treats" from you. They smiled and wagged their tails. Thanks for the kind words. Oh, by the way, you're in San Diego, right? I was born in San Diego. My family moved when I was 6 (in 1979), as they wanted to get away from the sprawl, crime, smog. It's a nice place to visit, but I see why you're ready for the move. Perfect warm weather can get really boring.

I am glad that the doggies got treats and pets from me!

I am in San Diego County (Vista). This is an ideal vacation destination, but it has really worn thin on me. Too many people and too crowded; although when I tell ppl that I am moving tothe north east.....they can't believe it. Most folks who come here, can't imagine moving away and back to the cold climates. I can't wait to get a move on....(and I think it may be very soon!)

Old 02-10-2008, 07:19 PM

People say the same thing to me, Elston. "It's so COLD in Maine, you're going to freeze your heinie off!" The weather here has been beautiful this week - sunny and in the 60's. We get a week like this every February, it seems. I have been outside painting the exterior of my house, enjoying every minute of it. However, I am absolutely dying for real winter weather. I was in TX a few weeks ago and my boyfriend said we got 1/2" of snow while I was gone. I almost cried that I missed it. That's about all we get these days in Chattanooga - no real snowfall like we used to get when I was a kid. We get an inch or less, and it's melted by noon. I always have to drive to the mountains or the Cumberland Plateau to see good snow. I'm so jealous of all you up there in New England with all of your snow.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:27 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,042,714 times
Maine Writer,

I'm sorry for your loss. Your friend's family will appreciate hearing about what he meant to you, and your love for him will give you the strength to find the words to express it.

You will be in our thoughts.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:09 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,132,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Hey, I just got my first negative rep point! Guess I struck a nerve when I called a troll a troll. LOL
You would have been ok if you'd followed it with "bless your heart!"

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I've almost got myself together enough to do this without tears. I specifically want to make family and friends smile and get the stories going on a positive note. This (http://bangornews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=159958&zoneid=500 - broken link) is a rough account of the story, minus some important details. We know how the media works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine