U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 4,171,361 times
Reputation: 1800

Advertisements

[quote=quiet walker;3292140]How about baseball? (Couldn't more OT than that? ) Heard on the radio this morning that despite the economy, rising gas prices, Barry Bonds, yada, yada, that attendance for spring training games in AZ is at record levels. Been to a game ms moughie?
/QUOTE]

Ashamed to say, no, never been to a game.

I do not think I could tolerate the crowds and noise that well. Rather go out into the desert for a hike in my free time. My dh has gone to a baseball game and enjoyed it. He really likes going to ASU college football games the best.
Go Sun Devils!

 
Old 03-29-2008, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,973 posts, read 11,156,888 times
Reputation: 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Writer, you may have to install the latest version of Acrobat but first, and I'm assuming you are running IE, right click the link to the PDF file. Specify a location for the file. Then click save. Choose that file and open it and it should open the file in the browser window.
Hopefully this will save it to your hard drive.
Adobe
You can try to open it at the addy above.
It also could be a server problem.
(or the file could be damaged)
You gave me an idea. It wouldn't open in IE or Firefox but it did open in another program. I dragged it to OpenOffice and here it is. It's not in pdf form but I can can change that in a sec. THANK YOU!
 
Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,973 posts, read 11,156,888 times
Reputation: 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Ashamed to say, no, never been to a game.
I went to a Red Sox game last year. The most exciting thing was the wave making five trips around without being broken. I have pics of Manny at bat and Yousomeoneorother hit a home run. I was there as a chaperon for nine kids on a four day class trip to Boston. Two of the girls got a slightly tipsy woman to put a cinnamon gum wrapper on her forehead and hold it there. When you do that and take it off the rectangular bright red mark on your forehead stings a little. Her reaction was the best part of the game. Been there, done that, no need to do it again. I'd go see the Pats play though.
 
Old 03-29-2008, 11:57 PM
 
1,961 posts, read 4,171,361 times
Reputation: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I went to a Red Sox game last year. The most exciting thing was the wave making five trips around without being broken. I have pics of Manny at bat and Yousomeoneorother hit a home run. I was there as a chaperon for nine kids on a four day class trip to Boston. Two of the girls got a slightly tipsy woman to put a cinnamon gum wrapper on her forehead and hold it there. When you do that and take it off the rectangular bright red mark on your forehead stings a little. Her reaction was the best part of the game. Been there, done that, no need to do it again. I'd go see the Pats play though.
Sounds like you had a blast!
Maybe I should give it a try
 
Old 03-30-2008, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,973 posts, read 11,156,888 times
Reputation: 5246
To the person who left a rep point without signing it so I can answer, and asked, what does this have to do with cats and toilets?!

hmmm.... ok, how about this. While I was at a Red Sox game I saw a cat using a toilet. Or, this is the Off-Topic Thread. Get it? Off topic? Random, not following a particular topic. And it's quietwalker and moughie's fault. They lead me into the baseball subject. You owe them a point now! So, if you were just kidding, thanks for the laugh. And if you were serious, thanks for laugh!
 
Old 03-30-2008, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Southwestern Ohio
4,112 posts, read 5,734,701 times
Reputation: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I had this crud twice this winter and I still have the hacking cough. It's not fun, my resistance is low and my energy levels are also very low. I sure hope I'm in fine form when we start out trip back up to Maine.
I had it too (during auditions)with a high fever maybe that's why I didn't get the part ). I did have a coworker say it took evryone in her family 30 days to get rid of the last vestiges of the cough. Stay well!!
 
Old 03-30-2008, 07:59 AM
 
2,353 posts, read 5,359,107 times
Reputation: 3856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
To the person who left a rep point without signing it so I can answer, and asked, what does this have to do with cats and toilets?!

hmmm.... ok, how about this. While I was at a Red Sox game I saw a cat using a toilet. Or, this is the Off-Topic Thread. Get it? Off topic? Random, not following a particular topic. And it's quietwalker and moughie's fault. They lead me into the baseball subject. You owe them a point now! So, if you were just kidding, thanks for the laugh. And if you were serious, thanks for laugh!
......ahh...so what does this have to do with Firefox....????????
__________________
Sileo in pacis matris.
-----------
Terms of Service
FAQ
 
Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 10,947,899 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
To the person who left a rep point without signing it so I can answer, and asked, what does this have to do with cats and toilets?!

hmmm.... ok, how about this. While I was at a Red Sox game I saw a cat using a toilet. Or, this is the Off-Topic Thread. Get it? Off topic? Random, not following a particular topic. And it's quietwalker and moughie's fault. They lead me into the baseball subject. You owe them a point now! So, if you were just kidding, thanks for the laugh. And if you were serious, thanks for laugh!
That's alright, MW! If there's not at least one sour apple in the barrel, how will anyone know how sweet the rest are?
 
Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 10,947,899 times
Reputation: 1853
Corgis, I hope you get to feeling better quickly. There's been a lot of crud going around!
 
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 AM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,521 posts, read 4,942,983 times
Reputation: 4262
Talking Hello Elcarim!! Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
That's alright, MW! If there's not at least one sour apple in the barrel, how will anyone know how sweet the rest are?
NICELY SAID & PUT "ELCARIM"!!


And "MAINE WRITER" that is a GREAT ATTITUDE TO HAVE KUDOS TO

YOU!!

Sorry, if I am OFF TOPIC here LOL! LOL! LOL!

Take care everyone!

Have a great day!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 03-30-2008 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: "MAINE WRITER" Its GREAT to LAUGH IT OFF!!:0) LOL! LOL!:0) SMILE EVERYONE!!:0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top