Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,719,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
FOREST BEEKEEPER, Congratulations on your engagement and up-coming wedding.

When a wedding is over and the years go by; what you really have to remember it by is the photographs.

I couldn't agree more. We used a very reputable Couple...Husband and wife tandem that was certainly one of the highest expenses of our wedding. But the pictures are awesome. Everyone we know that has gotten married since has used them also. Well worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,292 times
Default Question about wedding at head light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
My wife and I got married at Portland head light. It was beautifull. You can rent the gazebo for a little more than small donation. You then have access to hotels in the portland area for your reception. We had our recpetion at the marriot...Half of everyone was coming from out of state so it made it real easy and comfortable. It did not have the small town inn feel but since a lot of our guests were coming from out of state and had never been to Maine it gave them access to a lot of different things. I can post some photo's if you like.

[mod]Please do not post your e mail addy in the forum.[/mod]
How far is the gazebo from the actual lighthouse? Are you surrounded by a chain link fence (it appears that way in some online photos i've seen).
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited by 7th generation; 01-18-2010 at 04:43 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlin View Post
Moderator cut: Please do not post your e mail addy in the forum.
How far is the gazebo from the actual lighthouse? Are you surrounded by a chain link fence (it appears that way in some online photos i've seen).
Thanks for any help you can offer!
The gazebo is up on a hill a couple of hundred yards from the light house. There is some parking and a large open field between the two. This does a couple of things; It gives you expansive views of both the light house and ocean and it gets you far enough away from all the tourist for the ceremony to feel intimate.

After we were married we walked down to the grass field in front of the light house and took 7 million photo’s that lasted 3 days…. Well.. that’s what it felt like anyways

Old 02-12-2010, 05:57 AM

131 posts, read 410,807 times
Camden!!!! We got married there this past summer on the top of Mt. Battie. It was beautiful and so much fun. The majority of our guests were from out of town and they loved staying in Camden, its a great little town to stay in. It was great!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:13 PM

The last time I went up Mt Battie I watched a real Indian wedding! it was really cool

and yes Mt Battie is breathtaking!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:43 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
Kennybuckport was our favorite location to vacation for 10 years. When I got out of the service in 1970 I was severely wounded and thought it would be a good location to spend what some doctor's said would be my last days. My last days are still arriving 40 years later.... Must be the lobster and water that kept me going for the 10 years..

There are magnificent hotels going into the city that overlook the ocean and it is just beautiful to see.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekh32 View Post
Camden!!!! We got married there this past summer on the top of Mt. Battie. It was beautiful and so much fun. The majority of our guests were from out of town and they loved staying in Camden, its a great little town to stay in. It was great!
What a great place for a wedding! We moved to Camden last summer and have been on top of Mt. Battie many times. A few times I've been asked to take a photo of newlyweds at the observation tower. Haven't seen a wedding yet, but maybe we'll be in luck this year! The view is up there is just breathtaking!

Old 02-14-2010, 08:10 AM

131 posts, read 410,807 times
It was a gorgeous day. We really lucked out, it was during the rainy period last summer. We had a great time and had our reception at the snow bowl. It was perfect and our guests loved camden.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:50 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,216 times
haven't read all the posts, but saw things set up for a wedding and reception last summer at Moosepoint State Park in Searsport; I think whatever place a couple chooses should have special meaning for them before the ceremony. Otherwise, it would be almost impossible to choose a place because there are so many absolutely gorgeous places to choose from.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM

36 posts, read 86,469 times
Default Another vote for Mt. Battie

If it's fall foliage you're after plus coastal, it's good to realize that a lot of the coastline is predominantly evergreen. One exception is Camden Hills State Park, which always has a gorgeous display of color.

In Bar Harbor/ Acadia, you can also find patches of gorgeous color, but Cadillac Mountain is not one of those places. A better choice would be around Jordan Pond. The color is always nice there.

Mt. Kinneo is stunning if you're willing to go that far. Stay at Blair Hill Inn (mentioned earlier) and go across to Kinneo with your officiant and two witnesses. There are several killer views on the trail.

There are some other suggestions on this page: https://www.facebook.com/WhereToGetMarriedInMaine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine