Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 06:38 AM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,112 times

Advertisements

Atleast there is a reason they think your nuts.... People just think im a lunatic in general...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 06:46 AM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I do not live in Houlton, so I can not speak for those who do live there. I see so many older people who split their time between two homes, that I think you would fit it well.
Some do three, thats what my grandfather did. Summers in maine (mostly) with trips to his mass. home as my grandmother hates "the cold woods" (as she says), and winters in florida (at my aunts). Except for the last few years my granddad would fly up from florida to check on the cabin for about 2 weeks in the dead of winter. In my grandmothers mind the home in ma was there home, my grandfather always said he would sell it if she let him to spend all their time up in Maine like other of his family members did (only 1 is left)

I know other people older and younger who break up time between more than 3 homes, some live in a rv and travel the country, i know many older folks with that retirment dream, and some who are not retired but actually work out of the rv (via telecommuniting).

Old 12-07-2016, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,649 times
Are property values going up, down or in free fall?

Old 12-08-2016, 07:17 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedEgo View Post
Are property values going up, down or in free fall?
Stable.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:27 AM

2 posts, read 2,649 times
Default Property values

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Stable.
Nice. Is it pretty tricky to sell a place, though, given the fact that the population is in decline?

Old 12-08-2016, 10:59 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Quote:
Nice. Is it pretty tricky to sell a place, though, given the fact that the population is in decline?
Expensive houses move slowly....same as most places

Old 12-08-2016, 12:56 PM

23,546 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
A smaller, older house in town? Yes. A newer/well insulated house with acreage, not so much.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:06 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
If someone is looking for a small old house in town, then that should sell quickly.

If someone else is looking for a large new house on 100 acres, then that should sell quickly.

I do not think that being urban or rural would really have much difference. The same goes for old or new, large or small. If a home buyer has an idea of what they want, they will find it.

I made five trips to Maine when I was shopping for a place. I came up for a week at a time, and I kept doing it until I found what I wanted.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:02 PM

321 posts, read 486,795 times
There are a lot of people up in Aroostook County who piece together a living and want to have their own home. I know a lot of people who have bought trailers on some land outside of town for not much money. I don't have any figures to back it up, but I'm guessing these move pretty quickly.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:46 PM

27 posts, read 44,689 times
Dear bill, see my latest post about what's been going on.
I mind my own business and sure wish the new neighbors would do likewise😑

"I think a lot of people on here want to know what you mean by the bolded section. Welcome to Maine but please leave the crap from away behind you."

The new neighbors are from TN or Georgia, one of those southern states, and I wish they'd leave me alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine