Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times

Advertisements

That's great news, elston! Our agent said they are seeing a huge increase in calls this week, as well. And our flier box is suddenly almost empty. That's a good sign!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,489,740 times
People are looking because school will be out before you know it. Most people try to relocate, when possible, when their children are out of school. So, now they are looking, hoping to find something (which should be easy) and close after school is out. I noticed here that mortgage interest rates have dipped a bit. I find it hard to wait until school is out to get to Maine. I know my DW (MenME) is silently chomping at the bit.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:41 PM

Just got word today that my Grandma's house in Houston that was put on the market a couple of weeks ago sold in 6 days for almost the full asking price. Cash sale. Closes on 4/15.

Why not us??? Still no new word from our tentative buyers. Can't really hold my breath any longer, I'm afraid. We're supposed to know something for sure on Monday.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
There is very little rhyme of reason to it; it sounds as if you have done all that you can do.. all of a sudden it will happen and then the pace will take your breath away! It just takes one, it isnt a consensus or a vote, some one buyer will decide and make an offer....then its like fishing; you will both "play it" and hopefully you will "land" a deal. Good Luck!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM

104 posts, read 387,664 times
I moved to Limerick from CT 9 years ago and bought a 22 acre farm. I am now looking to move back to CT as soon as the farm sells which I don't expect to happen to soon with this economy. I miss my family and friends and this winter almost killed me with the weather. I live alone and broke my leg slipping on the ice and also almost got stuck in the snow in my back yard (it was up to my waist) trying to get my dog who was also stuck in the snow. Time to go!

Old 03-23-2008, 04:44 AM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
OMGosh Christine. I'm glad you're ok now. That must have been scary. My neighbor is from CT. She spent the last 10 days there because she misses family so much. Her husband works too far away to come home often. She's gotten the truck stuck while plowing, had to deal with too much snow on the roof, etc. We're wondering if she's coming back today since she has a child in school or if she's had enough. This is an awful lot to deal with this winter when you live alone. I hope the farm sells before next winter so that you can get home.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,345 times
Good Luck selling your farm. Everyone should beable to be in whatever place they call HOME. Best wishes to you.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:54 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Want to say "Good Bye for awhile" We are d/c the computers and packing them up and tomorrow will hit the road.

See you in a couple of weeks, (no lap top) and by that time we will be living in Maine.

"May the Lord watch between thee and me, while we are absent, one from the other."

Old 03-23-2008, 01:15 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Be safe Elston. Drive carefully and make sure to let us know all about your adventure when you are home.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Want to say "Good Bye for awhile" We are d/c the computers and packing them up and tomorrow will hit the road.

See you in a couple of weeks, (no lap top) and by that time we will be living in Maine.

"May the Lord watch between thee and me, while we are absent, one from the other."
OMG!! Instant tears! I can't believe it's finally happening for you, elston. Wow! I knew it was about that time. How can you contain your enthusiasm?

Remember that hotels have WiFi now. Keep us posted, and you two be careful on your trip.

See you there soon!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine