Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 PM

323 posts, read 992,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
My status... laundry and packing for my first trip home this year. Flying in on Friday with the little foo-foo dog in tow. I'm anxious to get there in spite of any lousy weather predictions. I'll be in Portland for the first couple nights with my parents/3 sibs/ nieces & nephews. I plan on doing nothing but hugging them all for at least the first few hours. I've even gone as far as to threaten to bed hop and surprise spoon all of them all night long. This thought may have frightened them at first, but I'm sure they'll adjust. (or lock their bedroom doors)

This trip is only for 5 days, then I'll come back here for about a month. I'll be back up there for most of the summer, somewhere between Portland, Brunswick and IAH.

Now in which closet did I pack away my Maine clothes? I have to find my jeans and fleece!
I tried to rep you but couldn't ...funny Post! Sounds like you will have a great time. I just love summer's in Maine my skin always feels so nice! Here in the desert we have dry skin so much of the time when we get some moisture it feels great! My girlfriend thinks it's so humid all the time but I just love it, the only thing I noticed was my plane ticket was floppy and damp. Have a wonderful time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,876,281 times
It was snowing here when we got up this morning. I was not amused. Fortunately the ground is thawed out and it didn't stick.

My mother (central Maine) tells me it is pouring there this evening and supposedly all day tomorrow. How are the rivers?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:13 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,007 times
Hello to all.

It's been awhile since I've last posted though I've been lurking around. We continue to look for our Maine farm and still have hopes of moving this year (been saying this for several years now). I've been very busy with work so I've had much less time to post or search for properties.
Still been looking north and west of Bangor. I still continue to have reservations about finding work in the areas we are looking at. I kind of like Guilford and the surrounding area but wish I had more time to scout the area. I'm also concerned about the impact my moving 4 school age kids into a small town will have.
Best regards to everyone!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM

263 posts, read 616,377 times
Wednesday the moving company came and packed out our household goods. We are camping out in the empty house for the next few weeks, waiting for school to finish. We are all tried today, but excited that Maine is only a few weeks away.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:50 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
woo hoo arzachena!! I'm excited for you!

Old 05-09-2008, 04:04 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzachena View Post
Wednesday the moving company came and packed out our household goods. We are camping out in the empty house for the next few weeks, waiting for school to finish. We are all tried today, but excited that Maine is only a few weeks away.
That is so wonderful

Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Hey M! I'm very excited for you!! Can't wait to join you.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:19 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,519,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Hey M! I'm very excited for you!! Can't wait to join you.
Did I miss something? Elcarim, did your house sell?

And congrats to arzachena!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:03 AM

263 posts, read 616,377 times
El, You will be in Maine soon. Sending good vibes your way.

Thank you, everyone.

My Daughter and I are very anxious to get to Maine. We are ready to start our summer vacation. DH is sad to have to leave us in Maine, but he will back for good soon. He has 6 months left in the Navy and then he will be "home" in Maine too.

The folks are still in clean up mess from the fire and construction has just started on the house. I will be re-wallpapering and painting most of the summer. But that is still better than being stuck in Memphis for another summer.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Did I miss something? Elcarim, did your house sell?

And congrats to arzachena!
No, not yet! But I'm trying to stay positive. We'll have a new realtor on the job in a couple of weeks. Fingers still crossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine