U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-14-2008, 04:17 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,437,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
The day has been filled with inspection reports, appraisals, insurance, etc etc etc. Selling a house is harder than buying a house--but both of them put you thru your paces! We will still have to select and purchase appliances and get them installed when we get to Maine; make decisions about decor and do the car liscence and voter registration and buy a mail box etc etc etc. (But we are loving and anticipating it all!)

We are almost home!
Elston, glad to hear things are progressing so well for you. You have omitted just one more item of things to think about.... what to put on your vanity plate!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-14-2008, 05:47 AM

33,477 posts, read 9,951,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Elston, glad to hear things are progressing so well for you. You have omitted just one more item of things to think about.... what to put on your vanity plate!

Very cute! If you have to pay extra for that; I think I will take the luck of the draw. This move is going to break the bank.

Unread 03-14-2008, 07:01 AM

453 posts, read 770,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Very cute! If you have to pay extra for that; I think I will take the luck of the draw. This move is going to break the bank.
You do have to pay extra....we checked. The luck of the draw is what we took also. Guess it would be best to get a BED before all the fun things on the license plate we came up with. It was a fun evening thinking of the sayings and different words we could have used though.

Unread 03-17-2008, 01:26 PM

5,054 posts, read 7,473,771 times
Showing scheduled for 6:15 this evening! Can you all go about your business today and still walk with your fingers and toes crossed?

Fortunately, I just spend the weekend doing a nice, deep cleaning with my Melaleuca natural line - absolutely magical cleaners! Everything is **** and span and smelling lovely!!! So, if I can just keep the kids' things picked up this afternoon, we'll be good.

This week is spring break, so everyone is home and under foot. Wish us luck - the luck of the Irish today!

Unread 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM

What the heck? s p i c ? That one goes over my head!

Unread 03-17-2008, 01:29 PM

12,162 posts, read 19,695,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Everything is **** and span and smelling lovely!!!

Good Luck!!!! Look you insulted somebody when you cleaned, LOL . I guess everything is Latino and span and smelling lovely right?

Unread 03-17-2008, 01:40 PM

OH, was that it? That's stu**d!

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,664,272 times
Time to bring your magic cleaning products and come clean my house. 66 days to go.

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Time to bring your magic cleaning products and come clean my house. 66 days to go.
Your house in Eastport? Gladly!

Unread 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM

5,102 posts, read 7,523,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I've been reading a lot of posts lately trying to play catch up. I don't always get consistant time to post and stay updated. I find if you miss a week....boy you get really behind on whats happening with you all. Some of you really like to post a lot

So I was hoping this might be a good way to get some updates on previous Posters who were planning to Move to Maine, move out of Maine, with in Maine, or even those that came here to this website for other reasons.
Not even close. We're still looking for land in northern TN for our primary home. Then we have to get kids moved out of the house (5 years) and our primary home built. Then we'll start building there for a summer home, hubby's health dependant. Somewhere between buying the TN land and building that house we'll be buying the ME land. Hoping I can get it all done so he can enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine