U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 PM

653 posts, read 1,225,517 times
thanks Bydand, I ll check back with Penske again. I have Dodge Ram 1500, just not sure it can tow 28' airstream,what i gather from Airstream forums the towing vehicle should be at lease 3/4 ton or i have to added towing package to my truck, that will cost about $2000, since i don't plan to be on the road with the trailer after it in Ellsworth just can not justify the expense.

Quote:
Every Penske truck I have seen comes with a welded on 2" hitch ball. We now run two of the "retired" Penskw trucks for work. Both are 16' box trucks. It is amazing how good of shape they are in when Penske thinks they are ready to be replaced.

There is a stipulation against towing private trailers with rental trucks usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 PM

34,052 posts, read 11,041,095 times
The appraiser from the bank came today to give the "appraisal". As he left he said, "Good luck on your move!" so I take it that he will approve the mortgage.

That said, we should get the house under contract within a day or two. Our closing is scheduled for 2/28. He has his deposit in escrow already. We are good to go!

I can't even believe I am writing this!!!!! The process has been so hard! Selling a house in a falling market is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Now we have to arrange the purchase of a new home, moving etc etc etc. Seems impossible but I am fully convinced that by the beginning of April I will be a resident of Maine!

We have our eyes on a couple of really sweet looking properties; I hope that they stand up to in-person scrutiny! One is currently occupied.....hope they can vacate in time. So many balls to keep in air so many plates to keep spinning. lol

I am appreciative of the support and advice I have rec'd from this on-line community. The Mermaid, with her vast network of friends and contacts, has been particularly helpful and others have been so supportive! Thank you all. Don't desert me now.......the hectic stuff is just to begin.

I am also sending my most positive thoughts to all the others who are hoping to make their Maine dreams come true in the near future. Let It Be.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 PM

7,712 posts, read 7,677,845 times
I'm so happy for you my friend!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM

((((((((msina))))))))) Your smiley faces and support has meant so much over the last couple of months!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:47 PM

497 posts, read 883,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I can't even believe I am writing this!!!!! The process has been so hard! Selling a house in a falling market is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Now we have to arrange the purchase of a new home, moving etc etc etc. Seems impossible but I am fully convinced that by the beginning of April I will be a resident of Maine!

We have our eyes on a couple of really sweet looking properties; I hope that they stand up to in-person scrutiny! One is currently occupied.....hope they can vacate in time. So many balls to keep in air so many plates to keep spinning. lol
Thats great Elston! No doubt this move will take a lot of organization and effort, but I'll bet it will also be exciting and a lot of fun! Good luck to you!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,745,128 times
Default Elston

Desert you? Heck no! We're ALL right there beside you right now. Turn around and look over your shouder.... see? There we are...right there beside you. This is going to be great! What a wonderful time in your life. Lucky you!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:57 PM

12,142 posts, read 21,586,903 times
elston, we may have bumped heads in the past, but, that is great news for you. congratulations and we'll keep our fingers crossed that everything goes smooth for you and DP.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:58 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,967,995 times
Congratulations are in order for you elston! You have been so patient and positive throughout the past few months. You will finally find your dream house in Maine.
And amazing Mermaid is 100% correct right- we are all with you in this

Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
elston, we may have bumped heads in the past, but, that is great news for you. congratulations and we'll keep our fingers crossed that everything goes smooth for you and DP.
Yes we have bumped heads; seriously and painfully for me, but thank you! I appreciate your words. I wish you well.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM

323 posts, read 607,744 times
Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Can't wait to hear all about the move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine